Fiat Coupe Club UK

lightweight fly wheel

Posted By: Anonymous

lightweight fly wheel - 29/09/2014 21:40

was looking around at tuning mods for the coupe and found this fly wheel.... has anybody got one of these and is it any good. ?

any issues with tick over up momentum up hills. ?

http://www.italianspares.co.uk/product.php?productid=16422
Posted By: volumex

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 30/09/2014 20:26

had a lightened flywheel fitted to my coupe a couple of years ago .... yes they make a difference ..... its a good mod if you are having a clutch change at the same time .... pickup is faster 0-60 is faster .. any weight loss to the rotating mass of the engine is good
Posted By: paul

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 30/09/2014 23:59

Mines was lightened by Barbz , he took the most of it he thinks is 'safe' said any lighter and it would stall too easily, made a noticeable difference ,pick up was sharper and certainly revved free'er , engine felt livelier all round
Posted By: Ferrarist

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 02/10/2014 20:59

Originally Posted By: volumex
had a lightened flywheel fitted to my coupe a couple of years ago .... yes they make a difference ..... its a good mod if you are having a clutch change at the same time .... pickup is faster 0-60 is faster .. any weight loss to the rotating mass of the engine is good

+1.....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 02/10/2014 21:39

any down sides to this ??

i ask before it goes on the shopping list for the next FC performance visit later next year maybe...
Posted By: Ferrarist

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 04/10/2014 14:23

For me there is no downsides......have lightened crankshaft alloy pulley as well and still no downsides......
Posted By: paul

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 09/10/2014 09:03

Its Probably easier to stall --- only downside I can think off , but you soon adapt
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: lightweight fly wheel - 09/10/2014 09:12

Is an 8kg lightened flywheel of interest Chris?

https://www.facebook.com/fiatcoupes/phot...e=1&theater
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK