Fiat Coupe Club UK

live mapping or electronic boost control

Posted By: hangar1138

live mapping or electronic boost control - 06/10/2014 18:49

hi friends

in these days I'm evaluating to buy an electronic boost controller (Gizzmo for example)

I already have a mapped car but I need to make some adjustment and my nearest reliable mapping garage is 250 km far

so my question is: is this the right choice if I want to only adjust spike and constant boost?

what kind of problem I could meet doing this instead a new live map??

I read here on this forum that many people are satisfied user of this electronic boost controller; not sure that in Italy this upgrade is appreciated....

ahh I forgot I have a boost and afr gauge and almost all the stage 2 mods on the car

really appreciate your help (...as usual)
Posted By: Per

Re: live mapping or electronic boost control - 06/10/2014 20:10

Get in touch with FC Performance or Flea here, he helped me map my car "remotely" here in Sweden. Some rolling road session's, a bit of mail correspondence with jpeg's with all figure's, and pretty soon I had a good working map.
I don't have any external boost controller either (it's all in the chip) so that might be a thing for you?
Posted By: lenzoferrari

Re: live mapping or electronic boost control - 06/10/2014 20:10

What is your spec ? Standard engine or forged ? What boost are you running now ? If it was me I would take my car to a rolling road and ask them to check the fuel and the guy should be able to say if there enough fuel to run more boost etc etc .. I done this with my coupe was mapped at 1.3bar running a little rich so I up the boost to 1.5 to equal the fueling and I don't have my car to spike .
Posted By: hangar1138

Re: live mapping or electronic boost control - 06/10/2014 21:44

for Per: this is very very interesting don't know exactly how can act "remotely" (for example do I need some dedicated electronic gears??) but for sure will ask Flea !!

for lenzoferrari: I have std engine with 1,4 peak and 1,25 constant

maybe this is the right way to proceed..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: live mapping or electronic boost control - 07/10/2014 00:19

Originally Posted By: Per
Get in touch with FC Performance or Flea here, he helped me map my car "remotely" here in Sweden. Some rolling road session's, a bit of mail correspondence with jpeg's with all figure's, and pretty soon I had a good working map.
I don't have any external boost controller either (it's all in the chip) so that might be a thing for you?

what has your max boost been set to then per??
Less hassle I know but I like to be able to ajust the boost, low for around town and max for track private roads! Lol
Posted By: Per

Re: live mapping or electronic boost control - 07/10/2014 09:20

It is set to 1.45bar which comes progressively, however I can always disconnect/switch off the prv which gives me baselevel boost 0.8bar, if needed.

So that's my 2 level's - in addition to the right pedal NOT being on/off! (you don't HAVE to floor it) smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK