Fiat Coupe Club UK

Manifold suggestion

Posted By: Anonymous

Manifold suggestion - 16/03/2017 13:13

Currently my stainless steel manifold has warped and can't be skimmed anymore and this is my 2 manifold. My mechanic suggest me to go back to cast iron manifold which last longer than stainless steel. I'm currently using a gt3076r turbine any suggestion on good stainless steel manifold manufacturer.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Manifold suggestion - 16/03/2017 14:51

Standard manifold (ported if required) is fine - many people are running huge power with 100% reliability

I'm running a GTX3071 and my manifold has now done about 250,000 miles

Re: Manifold suggestion - 16/03/2017 15:21

My standard manifold had crack a few times and welded.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Manifold suggestion - 16/03/2017 17:03

I agree with your mechanic, go back to an OE manifold ported and matched as Nigel suggests.
Posted By: Vazsi

Re: Manifold suggestion - 16/03/2017 20:50

My mechanic has made a support bracket to disencumber the manifold from the weight of the turbo, to prevent manifold cracking.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 00:28

Thanks mate will go for standard manifold with this bracket
Posted By: Honza

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 03:47

something like that?

http://www.turbozentrum.de/en/showroom/f...ron-t3/a-32064/

I saw 2-3 models of cast iron manifolds.. but I cannot give reference as I have 16V NA (an had 20V VIS smile )

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 14:01

Has anyone use this manifold before?any review compare to standard

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 14:15

The standard manifold doesn't crack because of the weight of the turbo - it cracks because of the thermal expansion and contraction caused in general operation. Aftermarket stainless manifolds (especially the cheap Chinese ones flooding the market) definitely do crack around the collector due to the weight of the turbo and exhaust. For this reason alone, I wouldn't entertain anything other than a standard manifold

Fiat modified the manifold at least three times with the latest version having a web on the inside of the tight bend on the No5 branch and a slot in the flange between No4 and No5 ports.

I've been running high power on the latest manifold for many years with no cracking, so it is definitely up to the job

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 16:26

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me is this manifold the latest manifold you are suggesting. Thanks

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 18:04

Originally Posted By avinash
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me is this manifold the latest manifold you are suggesting. Thanks

Does it have a slot in the flange?
Posted By: robcal

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 20:44

Originally Posted By Nigel

Where's the 'dirty laugh' smiley?
Posted By: technics

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 21:02

Yes I agree the standard manifold is very good and proven at 500 bhp many times, BUT i would NOT say that I wouldnt use anything else.

If you are fussy/picky and want a top spec build and have the money there are good options out there but almost overkill.

I know Begbie has a fancy tubular manifold and my Father has a ceramic coated tubular manifold with great results in bhp and spool etc.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Manifold suggestion - 17/03/2017 21:12

Originally Posted By technics
Yes I agree the standard manifold is very good and proven at 500 bhp many times, BUT i would NOT say that I wouldnt use anything else.

If you are fussy/picky and want a top spec build and have the money there are good options out there but almost overkill.

I know Begbie has a fancy tubular manifold and my Father has a ceramic coated tubular manifold with great results in bhp and spool etc.

Agreed. They are out there.
Posted By: Vazsi

Re: Manifold suggestion - 18/03/2017 11:42

Here is an option from Hungary. You can find a tubular manifold in the posts. It costs ~£600.
Posted By: skeandubh

Re: Manifold suggestion - 18/03/2017 18:26

Welding looks a bit average. Only my opinion mind.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Manifold suggestion - 19/03/2017 20:15

this is the one i have

http://www.scara73.com/web1/it/fiat/2318...t-manifold.html

not fully tested yet but welds look good and hasn't cracked yet

Re: Manifold suggestion - 19/03/2017 20:20

this is the one i have

http://www.scara73.com/web1/it/fiat/2318...t-manifold.html

not fully tested yet but welds look good and hasn't cracked yet
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Manifold suggestion - 20/03/2017 08:36

Needless to say, I'm not a great fan of Scara's stuff hehe

Re: Manifold suggestion - 20/03/2017 09:30

I'm going back to stock manifold with ceramic coating.

Re: Manifold suggestion - 20/03/2017 15:20

I'm going back to stock manifold with ceramic coating.

Good choice smile

Port-match the manifold to the exhaust ports in the head and knife-edge the joins in the collector and it'll be good for 500bhp

Re: Manifold suggestion - 20/03/2017 17:09

I read the threads on here and other sites before i grabbed it at a good price. It was either that or pay over the moon for a Tigart one which at the time wasn't in my budget.

once this one is fully tested il be moving on to the next step anyway with the sidewinder one for the bigger turbo fitment so only a stepping stone

Originally Posted By Begbie
Needless to say, I'm not a great fan of Scara's stuff hehe

Re: Manifold suggestion - 22/03/2017 14:25

Currently I'm using 48mm tial wsstegate can anyone suggest is there away to fit this to stock manifold? As my exhaust guy is asking me to go 38mm to fit with stock manifold. Any suggestion?

Re: Manifold suggestion - 13/02/2018 10:30

Can someone advice me on how to fit in my 48mm external wastegate and t3 turbo on standard manifold
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Manifold suggestion - 15/02/2018 10:12

Originally Posted By robcal
Originally Posted By Nigel

Where's the 'dirty laugh' smiley?

hehe
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK