Fiat Coupe Club UK

s.i.p

Posted By: liam_gill

s.i.p - 21/11/2017 20:09

whats the score with the straight induction pipes? are they just a mod everyone jumped on the bandwagon with, or are they a worth while mod?
thanks..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: s.i.p - 21/11/2017 20:20

If you have a FMIC and a big enough turbo to make the standard airbox a restriction (say over 330bhp or so) then it makes sense to use a SIP and drop the cone filter down to the old SMIC position for the cold air feed and shorter intake piping. (But beware of deep puddles).

If you just have the standard turbo or hybrid with a FMIC then the standard airbox is fine and personally I wouldn't even use a cone filter with that setup.
Posted By: liam_gill

Re: s.i.p - 23/11/2017 09:02

would prefer not to use one tbh i'm hoping for the 340bhp mark, once i fit a paddle clutch i will be taking it to flea for a map. i just want every thing that's needed in place so i only have to go once!
Posted By: kj16v

Re: s.i.p - 24/11/2017 12:15

No need for a jerky paddle clutch for just 340 bhp. A Helix organic, or my very own Kevlar clutch, will handle that torque with ease smile
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: s.i.p - 17/12/2017 20:41

Originally Posted By kj16v
No need for a jerky paddle clutch for just 340 bhp. A Helix organic, or my very own Kevlar clutch, will handle that torque with ease smile

How different are these 2 compared to the original clutch for sitting in traffic?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK