Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turbo Gauge Pod

Posted By: DOS

Turbo Gauge Pod - 24/03/2018 11:42

This is a Pod for a 60mm Turbo boost gauge I 3D printed.
I wanted a way of mounting a gauge without the need for drilling and cutting into the cars interior or deleting the clock. The holder uses friction to grip the top of the steering cowl. A ball and socket attachment allows for some adjustment to suit the driver.
The mount can be slid into place without removing the steering cowl by lifting the rubber flap and sliding to the left. Then push the ball into the socket joint through the nut, adjust for position and tighten down.

I've posted the design and the files online if you have access to a printer and would like one yourself. Turbo Gauge Pod
I'm sure someone with better 3D modelling skills than mine could greatly improve it. When it's printed it needs to be sanded, filled and painted to give it a more OE look but if that doesn't bother you its good to use straight away.

I have found it works great and is very steady with no wobble or vibration noticeable.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: Turbo Gauge Pod - 24/03/2018 13:16

Like it very much, like the approach & like the result thumb
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Turbo Gauge Pod - 26/03/2018 07:07

Nice. Very creative.
Posted By: BrianHsu1

Re: Turbo Gauge Pod - 25/08/2020 04:09

Hi,
Can you make a version for 52mm boost gauge? Please~~~~
Posted By: DOS

Re: Turbo Gauge Pod - 01/09/2020 14:58

I'm sure i can. Give me a few days and I'll pull it together
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Turbo Gauge Pod - 14/09/2020 12:55

Will this fit 52mm just by reducing the size by the correct percentage, or will that effect the fitment around the steering cowel?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK