Fiat Coupe Club UK

Peco exhaust?

Posted By: Anonymous

Peco exhaust? - 27/06/2018 15:16

Anyone running a peco exhaust?they any good?or too loud?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Peco exhaust? - 27/06/2018 19:07

I believe Cybox and Peco are the same company and I ran a Cybox back box fro years on my 20VT Coupe and loved it.

If you are coming from a standard exhaust then you will find that it is more boomy inside the cabin especially around 2.5-3.0k rpm but the trade off is a fantastic sound track - these exhausts really do unleash the noise of the Fiat Coupes engines!

Re: Peco exhaust? - 27/06/2018 19:25

Thanks a lot gunzi!i have been offered a peco I just don't want anything too loud just something that will sound nice!
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 10:26

Have a look at the stainless steel ToyoSport 2.25" Cat End to 4" Tailpipe. Good prices on these as they really are just the same as Peco and Cybox.

Full system can be had for less than £160.00, I and DaveG both have one.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 11:15

My very first aftermarket exhaust on a Coupe was a Peco. It was OK but at full pelt it made a roaring sound a but like a jet fighter and I grew tired of that (plus it seemed a bit restrictive right at the very end with a small inner diameter tail pipe. Maybe they changed design since then, it was almost 20 years ago!

The ToyoSport one is well made apart from one issue: the very front part that fits over the end of the cat outlet is too large a diameter so that it is too loose a fit, and it's hard to get a gas-tight fit without using some sort of sleeve. You may be lucky and not need it if you have an aftermarket cat, the outlet on the OE cat is particularly small for some reason.

I used a stainless pipe offcut to create a sleeve to fit inside the Toyo pipe, but now it's a little too tight a fit and I still can't seem to get it right, since there is a support arm only on one side, the rear box rotates and drops down. I still need to find a proper solution, so you might need to be prepared for a bit of faffing around...
Posted By: szkom

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 12:15

Dave, it'll be how you hung the back box. Loosen the clamps, tighten the centre pipe /cat joint first, then set the back box.

Also did you sleeve the cat, or line the toyo centre? Makes a difference. When I did mine I sleeved the cat and used a pipe expander to seal that joint. You should then easily get a seal to the new section if your sleeve pipe diameter is right.

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 15:01

Thanks a lot guys any advise on a down pipe and cat?
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 15:54

Chris.

Other than the Toyosport stainless cat back exhaust I have. I replaced by Cat from B&M Catalysts. If you have Turbo version, the CAT part number is BM90379 that i purchased for circa £60. I have not changed the front pipe , but the part number is BM70347

If its another Coupe variant, could look up.

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 17:23

Yeah I have the 20vt thanks a lot for that mate!im going to end up getting excited with this motor my lass willl have to curb her shopping addiction!lol
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 19:04

They really do get under your skin.

Is your 20VT modified in other areas?

Re: Peco exhaust? - 29/06/2018 19:13

Totally standard ATM!i have only had it for 9 months!i am so tempted to go down the tuning route but I'm in two minds!lol!its getting under my skin already!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK