Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus

Posted By: Anonymous

Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus - 22/01/2019 09:17

Is it possible to upgrade my 2.0 16v with turbo from Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Turbo? What should i do and is it worth to do it?
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus - 22/01/2019 12:39

You can do, as I've done the same, but you will need lots of bits to do so:

- Engine
- Exhaust
- Wiring loom
- ECU
- Oil cooler
- Intercooler
- Associated pipe work
- Driveshafts
- Suspension
- Hubs
- Change gear linkage

These are some of the things I can think off the top of my head.
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus - 22/01/2019 12:52

I think the OP means can he fit the turbo from a 16vt onto his n/a lump, probably be cheaper just to retro fit a 16vt motor and all associated parts.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus - 23/01/2019 12:00

Yes Robo40, because my engine only took 91200 km but it was long laced and did not drive so I have some tiny problems now.. but in future i would like to invest in it.. and also i have problem with hood need to find new one because my father had crash it and bought new hood and in transport it got [cloud9] up so it is full of kit and now paint look like shit.. another thing i would like to know is it clever to cut off a little bit gear shift because it looks like im driving a f***ing truck xD
Posted By: Honza

Re: Fiat Coupe 2.0 16v Plus - 31/01/2019 11:39

you can build 16VT from 16V, but there is wery long part list...

cheapest way:
- turbo+ parts around it (headers, pipes, IC) + exhaust
- ECU + wiring loom
- sump
- at least exhaust cam (you can use Atmo cam with succes)
- modify pistons to lower CR ..yes 16V atmo can be modified, ther is at least 8mm thick bottom

at this moment you have supercheap conversion, which could last long, if it remain on stock power level... even with NA gearbox

but I would not do it.. too much work that better is to sell atmo and purchase turbo coupe...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK