Fiat Coupe Club UK

Oil Temp / Cooler

Posted By: Scuderia

Oil Temp / Cooler - 26/01/2019 00:38

Hey

What oil temps do you see on the track, my car runs 3/4 up the gauge, about 115C I think. I have to renew the oil cooler lines so I thought I may as well get a bigger cooler. Has anyone done this with a measured result? The std duct looks well designed, I wouldn't want to slap a larger cooler at the front if it were not going to be that much of an improvement.

Posted By: DaveG

Re: Oil Temp / Cooler - 26/01/2019 06:08

A larger (wider) intercooler will fit easily (I cut off the outer mounting stud, still use the inner one and use tie wraps to hold it in place) but the air duct will only cover the original cooler area, just over half the area of the wider one. A modified (wider) duct would be better but I haven't tried to do that. Also I don't I seriously track the car so don't have any idea of what the oil temp gets to.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Oil Temp / Cooler - 26/01/2019 12:14

A French pal removed the oil cooler and put a smaller one on the front grill with no temp problems on track.
Posted By: Honza

Re: Oil Temp / Cooler - 28/01/2019 14:03

oil cooler is quite big, problem is its location.. so relocate it in front of water cooler and it will be enoughas a bonus you will have forced air flow thanks to fan when standing in traffic jam smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK