Fiat Coupe Club UK

What PSI are moderate Coupes running ?

Posted By: robcoupe20vt

What PSI are moderate Coupes running ? - 04/03/2020 13:23

What turbo PSI are moderate to heavily modified Coupes running on the road . I am thinking around 22psi would that be correct The reason i ask i was reading an article on the new Mercedes A45 amg M139 engine which is apparently is the most powerfull 2 litre standard production road going engine ever . 208 bhp per litre and running a standard 31 psi ?At 31PSI there must be room to go even higher Sound very high for a petrol road going engine and its amazing how engineering has moved on in the last 25 years . I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s the Cosworth Sierras in BTCC were runnung 36psi .In the beginning with that much boost the heads were lifting I know other engines run higher boost but i am talking about road based engines
Posted By: magooagain

Re: What PSI are moderate Coupes running ? - 04/03/2020 20:12

I'm running low boost at 1.15 bar and a max of 1.35 bar. FC performance hybrid turbo. Boost settings are set at very safe. As its thrashed continuously.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: What PSI are moderate Coupes running ? - 06/03/2020 13:07

I run up to 1.6 bar (23.5 psi) - this gives somewhere around 450-480 bhp, or 225 to 240 bhp per litre.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: What PSI are moderate Coupes running ? - 09/03/2020 23:35

Not really related to coupes but my MK5 GTI can see 1.5 bar spike then down to 1.3 bar of boost. It’s down to less than a bar by 5k rpm as the turbo is quite small. This kind of boost would worry me when I had the coupe but is entirely normal for a stage two Golf. Maybe the boost pressures are getting higher as cars get more modern. Well until we all drive a big battery that is!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK