Fiat Coupe Club UK

OEM Boost Solenoid

Posted By: darthstinky

OEM Boost Solenoid - 06/09/2020 21:34

Good Evening Folks

Ok after rebuilding my boost pipe work I appear to have lost all wastegate/dump valve operations - even after driving hard, nothing ,no sign of the operation of the wastegate/dump valve (I’ve a dump to atm value - so you really hear it)

Question: Does it matter which way round the turbo and wastegate pipes should be fitted to the boost solenoid? I’d assume the solenoid simply open and allowed the pressure to flow from the turbo to the wastegate and thus didn’t matter.....

Thanks,

DS
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 07/09/2020 07:52

Yes it does matter which way the pipes connect to the valve, from memory the snail goes to the centre pipe (red dot), blue to the actuator.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 07/09/2020 12:15

As already mentioned in your other thread over here :

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1643662

The middle hose on lower side of ebv (next to electrical connector) should be marked red and connects to the high pressure side of turbo.
The outside hose on lower side of ebv (furthest from electrical connector) should be marked blue and connects to the wastegate on the turbo.

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 07/09/2020 15:24

Thanks all

I didn’t see any markings when I removed it initially.... but will look again tonight... I don’t have the original hoses, all my pipe work is Samco blue - so any marking on the original pipe work is gone frown

Will disassemble tonight and update you....

DS
Posted By: carmine

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 08/09/2020 06:53

smile

Attached picture SmartSelect_20200908-084857_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20200908-084843_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20200908-084831_Photos.jpg

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 13/09/2020 21:18

Originally Posted by GrahamL
As already mentioned in your other thread over here :

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1643662

The middle hose on lower side of ebv (next to electrical connector) should be marked red and connects to the high pressure side of turbo.
The outside hose on lower side of ebv (furthest from electrical connector) should be marked blue and connects to the wastegate on the turbo.

*post holiday update*

Ok so I flipped the hoses over as they weren’t configured as per guidance but no change....

Also, took the car for a spin to maidenhead and had to drive the return journey with the injector warning light on (ecu error reads ‘injector 5’ fault...)

Arggghhhh.....

Right off to figure out the injector orientation now.... I’m working from the presumption that injector no.1 is near the windscreen reservoir and injector no.5 is near the battery but see what the workshop manual says...

DS
Posted By: carmine

Re: OEM Boost Solenoid - 14/09/2020 05:24

sorry about the injector problem. as for the pierburg, i solved it using a manual boost control, a mumby engineering valve, now the coupe is great, you must have a tool to control the boost on board (gauge ), in order to better set the boost.

Attached picture SmartSelect_20200914-072327_Photos.jpg
Attached picture SmartSelect_20200914-072345_Photos.jpg
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK