Fiat Coupe Club UK

head gasket

Posted By: moshe

head gasket - 04/01/2021 08:31

hi guys need some advise
my car is build with uprated rod / piston and all needed
GT28/71 - 630CC INJ - FULL 3" EXHUST - DOWNPIPE- THEME INTAKE- TUBOLARY MANIFOLD- FLEA CHIP-TIPO CAM
I'm usually boost around 1.4-1.5 bar (i have greedy boost control)

few month ago my timing belt torn and on the way i put SPESSO head gasket with fire ring cost mw 199 pound from UK
the head sent to professional to fix and tested good
in my mistake i close the bolts head (arp studs) with wrong torque and after 300 mile the gasket blow

so again i sent the head to professional to skin it a bit he did it and he said it is still good to go
then i put it again but with different gasket also SPESSO but no fire ring but still uprated that can handle more then my car
this time all close with correct torque and did 3 check before close all (all close by ARP instraction)

last week after driving again my head gasket blow it was when i boost a little more then i use to (1.7 bar)
few mechanic that see the gasket tell the same that this is blow by boost
few of them said that SPESSEO is not so good and the OEM hold more boost then SPESSEO

we check the engine block to see maybe there is problem with the surface but its 100% flat
also im buying new head as this one has got to the end of ability to skin it a bit

please any one can advise good gasket head that stay ?
i going to do also ECU BLACK in the next month
the target is to boost max 1.7-1.8

many many thanks
moshe
Posted By: Honza

Re: head gasket - 04/01/2021 12:24

blowing headgasket? isnt it detonating rolleyes show us the blown headgasket and photo of head/block...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK