Fiat Coupe Club UK

2.0 16v DOHC cams lift/profile; wide belt mod

Posted By: Ned16v

2.0 16v DOHC cams lift/profile; wide belt mod - 15/09/2023 12:14

Hello there,

I am trying to gather lift information (lift vs. angle diagrams) on available OE cam profiles that fit to 2.0 16v engine (the usual suspects, Tipo 5 door, 3 door, Kappa, etc.). In this thread "atmo cams timing" @Julien has posted images with the data he gathered. However, the images were hosted on imageshack and are not available any longer. I hope someone still has a copy of Julian's images or, even better, lift data in numerical form.

While I am at changing/timing cams, I might also go for the wide belt (22 or 25 mm) mod. Balancer shafts are deleted. As I prefer and enjoy to engineer things myself, I don't plan to buy one of the kits available, but build my own. Any information on which is crankshaft sprocket is the best to start with to replace the OE 7690152? JTS / JTD engines have a similar (but wider!) belt drive, the crankshaft sprocket (e.g. OE 46436278) needs quite a bit of fiddling to fit, and IMHO is somewhat a compromise.
How about the tensioner? The OE one might tightly accept 22 mm, but seems to be a bit narrow for 25 mm.

Best regards,
Ned
Posted By: Begbie

Re: 2.0 16v DOHC cams lift/profile; wide belt mod - 18/09/2023 07:46

I believe the Fiat Doblo has the wider pullies to accommodate the wider belt, but the question is, why? I run 400bhp on a standard Gates belt without issue as do many other cars. Cambelts are not a weak point with this engine, so you could save yourself the money and stick with the standard pullies.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK