Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anyone tried a hybrid CHRA from Turborebuild.co.uk

Posted By: Max

Anyone tried a hybrid CHRA from Turborebuild.co.uk - 03/11/2023 13:49

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of uprating my standard turbo to an 11 bladed hybrid as per this link:-

https://www.turborebuild.co.uk/enha...rid-turbocharger-chra-cartridge-11-blade

Anyone here got any experience of this hybrid turbo?

TIA smile
Posted By: ash_p

Re: Anyone tried a hybrid CHRA from Turborebuild.co.uk - 04/11/2023 22:20

Hi,

I used them this year for my coop but it was for a custom hybrid I got them to make, but it was converting a standard turbo so sort of similar. For what I had done the price was great and they did what they said they would.

They did take a bit longer than I wanted but they had quite a bit of work to do and so far not had any issues reliability wise, aside of an issue with the wastegate adjustment but was a easy fix. However I have only done around 1000 miles on it so hard to tell if it will last.

They responded to all my questions and were pleasant so I would use them again in the future.

I wouldn't have thought there would be a massive difference with the 11 blade wheel over a stock one but should be stronger than a standard core with a bit more midrange. I am sure someone on here has used that CHRA which would be able to give you a better insight to what any gains felt like.

Ashley
Posted By: Max

Re: Anyone tried a hybrid CHRA from Turborebuild.co.uk - 10/11/2023 09:07

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your comments, I also asked the question on a Fiat Coupe facebook group and had all positive replies. I'm going to buy one and give it a go.

Max
Posted By: Rotor

Re: Anyone tried a hybrid CHRA from Turborebuild.co.uk - 14/11/2023 20:48

Used them in a 20VT and Volvo V60 Diesel. No problem at all.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK