Fiat Coupe Club UK

"Special" Fitment of a new PRV

Posted By: Anonymous

"Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 04:13

Since my EBV decided to die i thought it may be a good idea to get a replacement PRV.
Ive look at the recommended diagram for fitment, however assuming the PRV turns up wednesday im not going to have time to do that albeit ideal way of plumbing it in (as i have got a 200mile drive home planned that day and dont want to waste my leave)
Is it possible to just directly replace my EBV with it and will it be safe to drive?

Edited (sort of) to alleviate mystery SPG problems...
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 04:58

I wouldn't let Andrew R see your spelling in that post, you'll get a detention !

Just use the two pipes going to the bottom of the EBV and connect those to your new PRV, the top pipe and electrical connector can stay where they are.
You might want to use a little piece of hose and connect the two now open pipes on the EBV together to prevent any running problems.

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 05:33

Just make sure you fit it the right way around!

James

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 10:26

Quote:

Just make sure you fit it the right way around!

James

& you should have a boost gauge as well

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 23:04

yep, already have a boost gauge! no fears for that cheers for the help guys, life would be a lot harder without the forum and its helpful people!

P.s. the SPG in my first post was abysmal due to a shockingly long day and me trying to stay awake during posting

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 23:33

Quote:

I wouldn't let Andrew R see your spelling in that post, you'll get a detention !

Just use the two pipes going to the bottom of the EBV and connect those to your new PRV, the top pipe and electrical connector can stay where they are.
You might want to use a little piece of hose and connect the two now open pipes on the EBV together to prevent any running problems.

Is it essential to run this little hose on the EBV as i dont have one?

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 21/11/2006 23:59

id take it thats a no if you have been fine so far!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 22/11/2006 00:48

Well if your doing ok without then I'd say not ?

It might allow extra unmetered air into the inlet thats all.

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 22/11/2006 01:39

Ok stupid question round two...

How do you set what the PRV starts to waste boost at? i.e. my old EBV opened at 20psi (if thats the correct terminology) what boost is my PRV going to give me and how will i adjust it to my chip which is set to 20psi worth of fuelling?
Hoping it should just give me 20psi like my old EBV?

Help? - 22/11/2006 05:29

Lol, anyone?

Re: Help? - 22/11/2006 16:03

pfoe, loosen the locknut and turn the body of the PRV to adjust boost. To reduce boost, make the length of the whole thing longer. To increase boost, make it shorter.
Lock the locknut each time before you test the boost level.

You may need to pull off one of the hoses to adjust without kinking. A bit of washing-up liquid applied will help here
Posted By: Trappy

Re: "Special" Fitment of a new PRV - 22/11/2006 21:06

Quote:

Well if your doing ok without then I'd say not ?

You'll be joining him in detention!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK