Fiat Coupe Club UK

what to tune next?

Posted By: Anonymous

what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 03:18

im gonna leave the g tec and unichip till last as i ve heard they go best and safer to use together for fueling,so please guys tell me what mod to go for next??? iv e so far done miltek,K&N filter,de cat pipe but took that off again,help on this would be great as im really not sure & i want to do this the right way

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 03:34

intercooler/ headwork/ uprated turbo of some description/ boost controller/ larger downpipe...

Plenty of options!

Iain
Posted By: StuP

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 04:01

My choice would certainly be the Pro Alloy Intercooler. If only I wasnt totally skint at the mo, I'd snap it up myself

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 04:24

Seems my Pro Alloy FMIC Group Buy is still popular ! Only a week to go mind .

You could think about a race cat instead of the decat pipe. Milltek produce one which would fit straight onto their catback system, and it certainly improves the engine breathing and adds a nice low rumble to the exhaust note. It's legal too, and won't need to be changed at every MoT, but don't look too closely at the size of the bill !!

A GTEC1 chip should be fine with your mods, and is a very cheap way to get an extra 20 bhp. If you are concerned about the fuelling, get the car to a RR and check it out, as this is still a relatively cheap option.

What about a PRV? Again, for £22-25 you get a simple boost controlling device that gives a good level of protection. Alternatively, consider an electronic boost controller .

Phil

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 05:45

Quote:

Seems my Pro Alloy FMIC Group Buy is still popular ! Only a week to go mind .

You could think about a race cat instead of the decat pipe. Milltek produce one which would fit straight onto their catback system, and it certainly improves the engine breathing and adds a nice low rumble to the exhaust note. It's legal too, and won't need to be changed at every MoT, but don't look too closely at the size of the bill !!

A GTEC1 chip should be fine with your mods, and is a very cheap way to get an extra 20 bhp. If you are concerned about the fuelling, get the car to a RR and check it out, as this is still a relatively cheap option.

What about a PRV? Again, for £22-25 you get a simple boost controlling device that gives a good level of protection. Alternatively, consider an electronic boost controller .

Phil

would the pro alloy intercooler give me any extra bhp??i was going to get a g tec chip or novatec but i ve been put off cause of the irractic fueling,and possible damage,whats everyones veiw on this ??
Posted By: StuP

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 06:06

Have a look at the 1st post in the group buy thread. You should gain some bhp with it fitted due to the cooler intake. More importantly though, it provides you with a solid base to improve other areas without being in danger of some serious overheating

Re: what to tune next? - 25/01/2006 06:20

Couldn't have put it better myself !

Phil
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK