Fiat Coupe Club UK

Which boost gauge is better

Posted By: ash_p

Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 16:38

I am buying a boost guage so i can see when my coupe looses its boost to find out why its doing it, and to get a boost controller and set the right boost level. Which one is easier to see when changing the boost level, psi or bar. I thought psi as it goes up in smaller increments, but not sure if its easier with bar.

Thanks Ash
Posted By: mattB

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 16:55

Well, mine is in psi but coop owners seem to always speak in bar so you might be better off with one of them.

I cant see it making much difference really as I'm sure the bar one will have marked increments on it rather than just a line a 1 bar.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 17:15

http://pauls.me.uk/gauge2.JPG ....nice easy bar reading example there.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 17:32

I prefer Bar, as do the majority of coopsters I think.

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 18:16

Quote:

http://pauls.me.uk/gauge2.JPG ....nice easy bar reading example there.

What make is that gauge?

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 18:20

Appears to have "swoosh" on the bezel

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 19:07

Thanks for your replys, i am going for a swoosh, are they any good?
I am going to put it in the same place, if i can

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 22:51

Quote:

Appears to have "swoosh" on the bezel

LOL I could'nt quite work it out until I clicked in the pic and it enlarged.

Nice gauges tho'

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 26/12/2006 23:39

The boost gauge is very good imo, gives a good reading, easy to see etc and lights up nice for night viewing, the air/fuel gauge is pants and just meithers about all over the place, not giving any kind of reading.

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 27/12/2006 00:49

I was going for a swoosh but the price has gone up since i last looked at them, so i have brought a raidhp one. Its the more expensive electric type and not the mechanical type. The face goes reflective when its turned off. Will let you know what its like when i get it and fit it. Also do you know how much piping you used to put it in the dash under the instrument panel? And will any type of vac pipe or screen washer pipe do. As i can get it cheap from my motor factors(Great when you get garage discount ).

Cheers Ash

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 27/12/2006 00:52

IIRC you can make them fairly simply with household items, KP made his out of some old clock parts and the mechanism from an umbrella.

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 27/12/2006 01:43

Seems like no one is using boost guage with "hold peak" function, kind of useful to register the max. boost while keeping your eye on the road at the same time.

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 27/12/2006 03:56

Quote:

IIRC you can make them fairly simply with household items, KP made his out of some old clock parts and the mechanism from an umbrella.

Ah Pinin, that's the funniest thing I've read on here for a long time. Thanks, you've cheered me up.

Re: Which boost gauge is better - 27/12/2006 05:28

No, he did! then he converted it to vegetable oil! And then he told us all. 56 thousand times.

© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK