Fiat Coupe Club UK

live mapping questions??

Posted By: nick_d

live mapping questions?? - 11/05/2007 20:10

Just spoke to a guy about this and he's informed this is not possible with my standard ecu, only with an after market one??? is this correct???
Desperate to find somewhere local ish to run in my engine and map my ecu all in the same session...
Reading the guy croft web site, it is possible to run the engine in, in approx 90-120 mins???
Does anyone know anywhere i can get this done??? should have car back in approx 3 weeks...
Nick...
Posted By: Nigel

Re: live mapping questions?? - 11/05/2007 20:15

I'm having my car live mapped (again) tomorrow - its perfectly possible on a stock ECU

I'm dubious about claims of running in an engine in such a short time - even at 100mph, its only going to cover 150 - 200 miles - just not enough IMHO

Running in requires variation of engine load and revs - just sticking it on the rollers for an hour or two isn't mimicking real road conditions.

However, Guy Croft is an engine guru - I'm not.

The only thing I can think of its that Guy Croft's site may be referring to a race engine, which would be expected to be stripped down again regularly. A modded road engine should be unopened for 50,000 miles at a time
Posted By: Begbie

Re: live mapping questions?? - 11/05/2007 21:04

The running in procedure he has is the same for a race engine or a road engine, doesn't make any difference.

The 16v ecu are Weber, the 20v are Bosch, so they maybe some issues. I think you can get your weber one modified, but unsure where you can get it done. I know of a chap, but he isn't in this country

Re: live mapping questions?? - 12/05/2007 00:59

I may sound REALLY stupid asking this question but i've found a 16vt in the hall of fame with pretty much exactly the same mods as mine is going to have, the car belongs to
ALYMO...
Am i wrong in thinking that his chip would suit my car as they are very similar engine wise, could i try a copy of his chip and then check the fuelling on rolling road...

don't know if alymo would let me copy his chip (is this actually possible) as he's obviously spent a lot of money getting his car sorted, suppose i could ask him, For a fee ofcourse....
Nick...

Re: live mapping questions?? - 13/05/2007 23:38

You have to get hold of alymo first, cant say i have seen him post for 6 months+!

Re: live mapping questions?? - 14/05/2007 16:19

would the place he had it mapped have all his mapping logged on computer and be able to produce a chip from that???
Nick...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: live mapping questions?? - 14/05/2007 18:38

begbie do you know the model number of the STD Bosch ECU that comes in a 20VT ?

Re: live mapping questions?? - 14/05/2007 19:13

Nope, but it was mentioned recently (last week by JohnS)

Nick, they might be able to, only one way to find out and that is to call them!
Posted By: JohnS

Re: live mapping questions?? - 14/05/2007 22:02

Bosch Motronic M2.10.4.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: live mapping questions?? - 14/05/2007 23:28

thank you john \:\)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK