Fiat Coupe Club UK

'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost?

Posted By: Anonymous

'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 19:34

I find at 1.2 boost on my GReddy the turbo spools up great & smooth on the hi setting. But if I floor it on 1.0 bar on low setting then the car jiggles/bobbles as the revs reach 4000+. Why is this & is it normal? It feels like the jiggle the car makes when I take my foot off the gas after putting my foot down, but I think this is due to the dump valve...is it not? \:\?

Chris

ps....Jiggle & Bobble highly technical terms of course \:D

Re: 'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 19:42

When you come off the accelerator, that'll probably be the DV.

What settings do you have hi & lo on the Greddy currently?! It could be that you have the warning too low and it's quickly trying to reduce the spike in boost.

Mark

Re: 'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 19:47

I'll check....think warning is set at 1.25 on both lo & hi? I thought it (warning level) just beeped at me & didnt change anything else...Im obviously wrong then....again!

Chris

Re: 'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 20:12

If you hit the warning you can set the controller to reduced the boost by a set percentage (user defined)- this can be set to zero I think which would not reduce anything.

The greddy registers the peak boost as about 0.1 bar higher than your actual boost level as it picks up a tiny overboost spike when you come on boost - which is nothing to worry about.

Re: 'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 20:13

has the car been mapped to the high setting?

Re: 'Jiggle' on lo GReddy boost? - 04/12/2007 20:15

I'd set the warning at 1.4bar, which Suba advised me to do a while back, then you can lower by 2% or 5% if it hits that. Give it a try and see what happens. ;\)

Mark
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK