Fiat Coupe Club UK

boost gauge

Posted By: Anonymous

boost gauge - 22/12/2005 23:35

Hi I've just bought a boost gauge and want to put it in place of my clock, any1 know how to get the clck out? thanks alot

Lloyd
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: boost gauge - 22/12/2005 23:37

Have you seen this?

Re: boost gauge - 22/12/2005 23:56

oi Basildon Boy, keep us updated how it goes fitting the boost gauge because im considering fitting one my self
Posted By: bockers

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 00:02

Also do a search on Centre console and there are already plenty of post that will help.

JOhn
Posted By: phil_20VT

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 00:03

Check the gauge will fit where the clock goes first.
I got myself a greddy one which was supposidly the right size, but didnt quite fit.
Went for the nomad pillar in the end and well chuffed.
Most of my mates say it looks like it came with the car.

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 01:27

Are you 100% sure you want it to put it there?

-----------------

Silver
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 02:11

Quote:

Are you 100% sure you want it to put it there?

-----------------

Silver

I was/am going to put the boost gauge in the clock, but Im now possibly thinking of a pod install instead......as you can't really see the boost gauge all that well when its mounted in the clock space.... Although I might still put it there to keep the factory look..not sure...

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 02:21

I'm getting mine fitted opposite the starter button, the 2-gauge pod that's fitted now is a total pain, and the clock is a) too far away and b) too useful for telling the time

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 11:08

I'm still having trouble finding an easy place to route the piping from the engine bay to the interior. Someone suggested the grommet in the left rear corner of the engine bay. I put the piping through there but I can't see where the piping reappears! Seems to just disappear into the inner wing.

I've also seen the "route around the door pillar" method but I'm looking for something much neater and hidden.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: mattB

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 16:18

You could use the grommit under the scuttle panel on the passenger side, the route back along under the dash. That's what mine does.

Re: boost gauge - 23/12/2005 17:03

You're nearly there. Once you've fed it through the grommet at the rear left of the engine bay, it needs to go through another hole which is revealed by pulling back the side panel (the one housing the side repeater, behind the offside front wheel). You need to undo three allen-head screws and then you can gently prise back the top of this panel to reveal another hole. Feed it down through that hole and it should go through to the cabin. It will head towards a fairly large grommet located underneath the carpet right next to the bonnet release cable.

Sounds complicated I know, but persevere and this is the neatest route into the cabin, IMHO.
Posted By: Deano

Re: boost gauge - 26/12/2005 01:43

I went through a gromet on the bottom right hand corner of the engine bay which comes out un the passenger footwell and used a gauge that I got from ebay. It looks standard as its amber on black, look on xyberautos.com for a picture and on ebay to buy them £25 delivered.

Re: boost gauge - 26/12/2005 03:05

I replaced my clock with a boost gauge & now wished I hadn't, I miss the clock & it's not really convienent to watch when giving it some welly. I'm going to put the clock back & either get a pillar pod for the Boost & AFR or might cut them into the dash in the vinyl just to the right of the centre console. But I have concerns that they won't be that visable there either.

Re: boost gauge - 26/12/2005 07:27

ive a twin pillar pod now and i luv it some slight blind spots now but you will soon get use to it, go for it

Re: boost gauge - 26/12/2005 09:02

Where did you get it from? is it Coupe specific or just a universal

Re: boost gauge - 27/12/2005 18:18

I think the a-pillar trim is Coupe specific, from Nomad. Unfortunatly for me and all others driving a LHD Coupe they only make RHD versions.

Re: boost gauge - 27/12/2005 20:38

Heres the link

Re: boost gauge - 27/12/2005 23:18

Ouch, it's £70!

Anyone got experience with the universal pillar pods? Are they possible to fit without making holes in the pillar trim?

(Thanks for the suggestions regarding the hose routing, job done).

Re: boost gauge - 28/12/2005 00:29

SkyHigh - I've got a single Nomad A pillar pod that you can have - pm me if your interested!

Re: boost gauge - 28/12/2005 02:32

I thought that as well, I know Coupe are expense but that seems like they are taking the mick. How does it compare to eBay cheapy plastic

Re: boost gauge - 28/12/2005 15:42

That looks like an Autogauge pod, which doesn't fit very well, even with alot of trimming.

Re: boost gauge - 29/12/2005 00:02

Just seen a Nomad pillar pod & it's the full piece of placstic from the bottom of the piller to the back of the door hence it's price.

Re: boost gauge - 29/12/2005 00:11

Nomad pod now provisionally sold to bockers!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK