Fiat Coupe Club UK

my options?

Posted By: Anonymous

my options? - 07/03/2008 21:51

hi all. done some searches to get an overview of tuning done to forum member coops. i am wondering what to do next. i would like 260-280hp out of my car. i currently run a standard turbo (which is new),standard clutch (also new), with a gtec1 and a prv set to 1.2bar, i have one of tims fmic and also a forge dv006. i am in the process of getting a sip. what power do you think im running? is it worth doing a fuel pump wiring mod? what about a gtec2? thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated. joe Sig.
Posted By: JohnS

Re: my options? - 07/03/2008 22:06

280BHP is as much as you are likely to get out of a std turbo with whatever mods. You could do with a chip with more ignition advance to make the most of your mods - i.e. GTEC 2, squadra or similar. Ultimately it is easier with all that on to change turbo than any other mod to make more power but with much more power you will also be at the limit of the fuel pump and std clutch

voltage mod is worth doing regardless of if your car is even tuned IMHO.

Re: my options? - 07/03/2008 22:45

thats why i thought about 270hp as i dont want to change turbo or have anymore power than that really. is a gtec 2 more suited to the mods i have already than the gtec 1?

Re: my options? - 07/03/2008 23:13

done some more searching on the forum. got most the info i was after just wanted an overall opinion really. think il do the wiring mod, stick to the gtec 1. oh and go on the rollers check everythin is ok now i have modded slightly.

Re: my options? - 07/03/2008 23:41

What is this wiring mod i keep reading?????
Posted By: redinstead

Re: my options? - 08/03/2008 00:26

fuel pump wiring mod is explained in the how to section ;\)
Posted By: JohnS

Re: my options? - 08/03/2008 02:41

Originally Posted By: Sigman
thats why i thought about 270hp as i dont want to change turbo or have anymore power than that really. is a gtec 2 more suited to the mods i have already than the gtec 1?

270 is on the high side of what I'd guess but entirely possible

Re: my options? - 08/03/2008 02:49

thanks john. think will leave the car with fmic,sip,gtec1,dv006. thats a steady tune would you say for saying i dnt want to go hunting for 300bhp? is it worth my while putting the cooler plugs in ngk7's instead of 6 if im leavin it as it is?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK