Fiat Coupe Club UK

o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for?

Posted By: Anonymous

o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 04/06/2008 17:05

as per the title, just before i set off on holiday the clutch has "almost" gone, just about drivable to a garage.

I have seen all sorts of posts on here about clutch's but really i'm confussed.

I am only running 250bhp so i think a paddle is way over the top.

I hear power fiat do a very good option??

I have also seen some clutch's on fleabay as well which my step dad has said if i buy it he will fit it.

fleabay

As power fiat do a highly rated clutch i think i will end up there although its miles away! how much do you think i will be looking?

or any other options???

Thank you.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 04/06/2008 18:47

If your going to stay standard and not mod the car, then a standard clutch will do.

As for that ebay clutch, just google techniclutch and make your own mind up about that ;\)

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 04/06/2008 20:01

Hi,

Avoid eBay, in particular the techniclutch. For that sort of power you are running, a standard clutch would do nicely. PowerFiat do everything all-in-all for Ģ450 which includes skimming the flywheel which is very much recommended. \:\)

FYI -

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=17872#Post17872
Posted By: Nigel

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 04/06/2008 20:20

agreed - standard clutch every time - I ran a standard clutch with 300bhp for over 40,000 miles and it was less than half worn when it was removed (on the basis it definitely wouldn't handle the 400bhp rebuild I was undertaking)

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 04/06/2008 21:07

I wouldn't have a techniclutch as a gift. Buypartsby sell brand new LUK clutches for Ģ130 plus vat and delivery.

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 05/06/2008 10:49

I just went on that buypartsby website and all looks very good although it says clutch kit but it doesn't say what is included. Ģ98 seems fair enough to me.

anything else required or recommended?

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 05/06/2008 12:22

Clutch kit includes everything.

Am guessing you're going to be doing the clutch yourself?
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 05/06/2008 13:10

John http://www.centrostileparts.com/ , has GTA clutch for 235 Euros. It can hold more torque than original clutch. Not 100% sure how much but he said to me that it can hold 440 Nm.

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 05/06/2008 16:53

nickyc,

no my step dad is a motor engineer with a garage full of tools and equipment. he just said to me that if i get the clutch then he would fit it for me.
what a nice chap \:\)

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 05/06/2008 17:18

Do not spend any extra on the GTA clutch. There is no point. \:\) Standard will be fine all the way.
Posted By: Freddan72

Re: o no now the clutch has gone ..which on to go for? - 06/06/2008 09:45

Originally Posted By: Civic_Legend
Do not spend any extra on the GTA clutch. There is no point. \:\) Standard will be fine all the way.
Here in Sweden it happens to be so that Johnīs GTA clutch is cheaper than a standard clutch \:\)

Johnīs GTA: 2 233 SEK (=235 Euro) + 267 SEK for shipping = 2500 SEK
Original Sachs: 2810 SEK if you buy it from a Swedish retail trade.
GTA clutch: 3 375 SEK if you buy it from a Swedish retail trade.

Coupeteile sells Valeo original for 289 Euro = 2 746 SEK

AA (UK) sells Valeo original for Ģ147 = 1 778 SEK

So the UK guys can get a original clutch pretty cheap \:\) . Damn itīs so cheap that it make sense for us swedes to buy from AA.

P.S I havenīt checked with John what he wants for a standard one.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK