Fiat Coupe Club UK

More Torque

Posted By: growlingbear

More Torque - 24/12/2005 06:38

I'm more than happy with the amount of torque that kicks in around 2,500 rpm and above that the power is enough to delight a spoilt child...

Just wondering is there a mod /chip whatever that boosts lower down pick up? Usefull for pulling away quicker and general day to day driving.

I'm driving a standard 20vt [6]
Posted By: Easy

Re: More Torque - 24/12/2005 06:52

I think there are a few mods that will satisfy for your needs but a lot them apply to slightly modded cars at the least.

GTEC 2 for example has ignition advance which means it will be better off boost. A 2.75" - 3" downpipe/exhaust will also help spool up times. Similarly if you have a FMIC, a straight induction mod will mean it will improve off boost performance by about 300+rpm. Lastly a superspool hybrid turbo from Barbz has had some rave reviews and apparently is the dogs bollox for spool up time.

For a standard car, a GTEC 1 must be the way to go though. Cheap and safe, will make a noticable difference to everyday driving and will give you an extra 25bhp! I'm sure this is what most people would recommend for a standard car, I know I would.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: More Torque - 24/12/2005 06:58

The best thing about the novitec/gtec chip is that it removes the boost limiter(0.8bar I think) in 1st and 2nd gear which gives quite a bit more oomffffffffff!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: More Torque - 25/12/2005 02:36

Easy summed it up well, if you've got good chargecooling then a Unichip or GTECH2 can help off-boost driving.

joe
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK