Fiat Coupe Club UK

General Mods?

Posted By: F927UBS

General Mods? - 07/07/2008 10:06

Hi All, I've just bought a 20v Turbo and was wondering what mods I should carry out. I have already arranged/bought the below listed items.

Hybrid Turbo, K&N Panel Filter, Recirc Dump Valve, CSC Stainless system (cat back), Braided Brake lines, Groved and cross drilled disks, Front Strut Brace (upper), Eibach Springs, GTECH1 Chip.

Was thinking of buying the following, suggestions welcome.

22mm Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
Bilstein dampers
Polybushes
5mm Hubcentric wheel spacers.

Advice kindly taken, I've always admired the 20v Turbo and now I finally own one!!!, That and the integrale make life a smile (and me broke!!!), Cheers Tim
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: General Mods? - 07/07/2008 10:35

Boost gauge and some sort of boost control is a must, and a FMIC if youre running higher boost with a bigger turbo.

Welcome to the forum btw \:\)

Re: General Mods? - 07/07/2008 11:18

Thanks Matt, Was thinking of using an APEX boost controller? (which ones best), Not sure about front mounted intercooler thou, does this make the car a bit laggy?, if not then that's the way I'll probably go in the future, Any suggestions on which intercooler I should use PACE etc.

Kind Regards Tim

Re: General Mods? - 07/07/2008 11:47

I wouldnt recommend the Pace, most people go for a genuine Evo or a Pro Alloy one, there are a few similar ones to those which are also good.

It may be a bit more laggy, but if you keep the stock intercooler you run the risk of too high charge temperatures, and detonation, if you want to make the most of all the other bits youre getting.

Re: General Mods? - 07/07/2008 12:42

Sounds like a plan to me, Any sugeestions on the best place to get one?, Regards Tim

Re: General Mods? - 07/07/2008 13:09

check out the "pro alloy" thread in the group buy section \:\)

Re: General Mods? - 09/07/2008 09:08

have now purchased a 22mm rear anti roll bar and 16v turbo injectors, hopefully getting a Apexi boost controller today also some bilstein strut's. Can't wait to drive the car!! (for the first time!!!), should be a fairly cool piece of kit. A very big thanks to Keith at Auto Integrale, that mans a star.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK