Fiat Coupe Club UK

Installing GTEC 1

Posted By: ikon

Installing GTEC 1 - 17/07/2008 19:17

Hi guys. First post here :-)

Brought my coupe 20v turbo abouts 4 weeks ago and love it! ;-) And after reading up on the forum about GTEC 1 chip im thinking about installing one myself. Was just wondering how easy these are to install ie do i have to take them somewhere to be installed? and are they safe? hhhmmmmmm maybe that last question was abit silly as everyone here seems to be running on them lol

cheers

oh sorry if this post has been brought up before. newbie here

steve
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 17/07/2008 21:32

Have a peek at the How to Guides.

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 17/07/2008 21:34

And in practise............ dead easy mate!!
Posted By: ikon

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 17/07/2008 23:37

ah wow. that how to Guide is a great help. thanks :-)

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 23/07/2008 13:10

when taking the old chip out i found a couple of tiny screwdrivers the best way - couldnt get the chip remover tool in.

and look for the angled corner on the chip / hole when putting the new one in, dont try and forice it in the wrong way round.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 23/07/2008 15:02

Originally Posted By: ally_f
when taking the old chip out i found a couple of tiny screwdrivers the best way - couldnt get the chip remover tool in.

After removing my chips with a small screwdriver ?I decided to get one of these IC extractors as recommended in the guide. I had a look in maplins but, as you say, it is the wrong shape for our chips Stick with those baby screwdrivers
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 23/07/2008 15:04

cocktail sticks are quite good too....being wooden they are less likely to scratch.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Installing GTEC 1 - 23/07/2008 15:11

Originally Posted By: MCMike
cocktail sticks are quite good too....being wooden they are less likely to scratch.

That's a good point. I have noticed that the actual chip and the surrounding 'seat' can be slightly scratched if you're clumsy with it. I'll try one of these when I swap mine over again tonight \:\)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK