Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fitting 16vt FPR

Posted By: Morrison

Fitting 16vt FPR - 04/08/2008 11:56

Has anyone got/can make a how to for changing the FPR on a 16vt?

I can find one for the 20vt but its very different. I've had a look at where it goes and it seems to be a pig of a job. A mechanic mate of mine is going to have a look at it but any help I can give him would be fantastic.

cheers, Mark
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fitting 16vt FPR - 04/08/2008 19:50

Your right, it is a pig of a job. When I did mine I'm sure I had to remove the throttle body which gives you more access. Be sure to have a spare clip that holds the FPR on to the Fuel Rail as they break easy when refitting them, so take it easy. I made a special tool to get round the back when fitting the clip made out of a standard terminal screw driver. I heated up the shaft and bent it to 90 degrees about 20mm back from the tip of the blade. Good luck. Kadee.
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Fitting 16vt FPR - 23/08/2008 14:29

Thanks Kadee, still havent got round to fitting it yet - I just look at it and get angry! The replacment FPR I've got is attached to the fuel rail so was going to replace that as well so I didnt have the bother of fiddling with the clips. But that looks even worse to get at.

Started her up yesterday and I'm not convinced the fpr is the prob but will have to wait and see once its changed.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK