Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turbo Timers

Posted By: Anonymous

Turbo Timers - 28/12/2005 18:24

Hi All,

Does anybody have a turbo timer installed to their car? I know I could just drive casually for the last min of my drive but sometimes you can't. If they do work with the coupe which one is best?

Cheers
Posted By: JimO

Re: Turbo Timers - 28/12/2005 18:36

They work but a nightmare to fit, due to the immobiliser and italian electrics.
Only a couple of people have fitted them, with great difficulty.

Personally, I would just slow down for the final 30 seconds or let it tickover for a few seconds before shutting down

Re: Turbo Timers - 28/12/2005 19:01

So it's difficult to fit one in?

Thinking of either getting another car alarm with one in it or getting a Blitz FATT DCII...

But is it a mission impossible?
Posted By: Flea

Re: Turbo Timers - 28/12/2005 20:57

As long as you look after your car then there really is no need for one of these.

Re: Turbo Timers - 29/12/2005 20:00

Hi i have noticed u have fitted a Novitec Chip, i was considering buying one, the same make. Could u tell me if have had problems with it or any issues fitting it, and hows the drive now u fitted the chip?

Thanks Naz

Re: Turbo Timers - 29/12/2005 23:51

I bought a Blitz off eBay from Taiwan & then bought the wiring harness in the UK for the wifes MR2 it was a doddle. But have no experience of fitting one to a Coupe though.
Posted By: Gaz

Re: Turbo Timers - 30/12/2005 01:27

I have one fitted to mine. Fitting wasnt to bad once i had worked out what wires were what.

Re: Turbo Timers - 30/12/2005 04:34

every on i know who has had a turbo timer fitted now disables it every time they pull up, they are the most annoying thing in the world, when you come to a rest just tickover for 15 secs and that should be enough to let the turbo stop spinning, there you go, problem solved!
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Turbo Timers - 02/01/2006 23:04

It's not cheap but I had the original Immobiliser replaced with a Clifford G5. I had the turbo timer and intellistart features with it so not only will it run on for 30 seconds while the car is locked, I can also start the car from in bed on a morning so it's nice and warm when I go out to it for work. Cost me £600 but it's worth it to see the muppets faces in Tesco's car park when it starts as I walk towards it! God I'm such a show off!

Re: Turbo Timers - 02/01/2006 23:08

Quote:

As long as you look after your car then there really is no need for one of these.

Yep that's true, this came from the age of air cooled turbos where a cooling down period was vital, with water cooled turbos this is far less required.

Joe
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK