Fiat Coupe Club UK

How do i take my UNICHIP off?

Posted By: AlistairM

How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 01/07/2009 17:12

I've had a look under the glovebox and there are two unichip things in there. I just want to get the stuff back to standard as I think there is something wrong with the UNICHIP.

Can I just unplug it and that will be that? Or is there more to it?

Need to get it sorted coz the cars fueling is very very rich frown
Posted By: mattB

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 01/07/2009 20:53

You need the wiring diagram to know which wires to connect to which. You can bypass it just be removing the plug and bridging across the correct pins.
Posted By: MattM

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 01/07/2009 20:56

My unichip recently buggered up and left my car fuelling very very rich. Flea sorted it all out

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 02/07/2009 06:30

I don't really have anything with a wiring diagram frown . Does anyone have something I can look at?

The car is getting around 8 MPG right now.

I'm going to poweritalia on the 13th its not something they can do is it?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 02/07/2009 08:52

You have to cut and solder a few wires, does not take long to do.

I have the details at home somewhere - will pm you my email address. Email me to remind me to dig it out for you.
Posted By: JohnS

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 03/07/2009 08:06

If it is running that rich you might not want to run it at all as you will be getting bore wash which will knacker your engine. It may not be the Unichip - that's not the only thing it could be. If you look at the loom going into the ECU (at the back of the passenger well) you should be able to trace the wires that have been spliced for the Unichip. I'm sure any decent garage will be able to take it out. It is true to say that it is also possible to bypass it with 2 or 3 wires. If you have two boxes you probably have the boost control module and the base unichip

Re: How do i take my UNICHIP off? - 04/07/2009 22:33

I've removed the Unichip now thanks to Suba's info car is running fine now. I've also put a standard ECU in.

Its all running ok now smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK