Fiat Coupe Club UK

'Fiat' Spec Eibachs

Posted By: Anonymous

'Fiat' Spec Eibachs - 26/04/2006 05:10

A bit of tuning history for those who can remember that far back.
I was just searching Eibach part numbers and came across an old discussion from the Google cache of the old forum, between our own Paul S, Jimbo and GrahamL back in 2000 , about Eibach springs.

Anyway it appears that Fiat sold Eibachs as an optional extra years ago. These were referred to as 'Fiat' spec, slightly softer and different to the aftermarket Eibachs we know today.

Searching the part numbers I worked out that the 'Fiat' Spec are in fact the Eibach 16VT springs we know today. The rears were common to 20VT and 16VT and Fiat spec were the progressively wound, lighter gauge front springs now specified for the 16VT but then fitted to all models as an option.

So if you are looking to create that Fiat specified lowered suspension get yourself a set of Eibach 16VT springs.

Hope that makes sense. I wonder what other gems have been lost in the annals of forum time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 'Fiat' Spec Eibachs - 26/04/2006 12:55

if they are softer wouldnt the car sit lower on the 20vt then?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: 'Fiat' Spec Eibachs - 26/04/2006 13:34

LOL, we were still talking about suspension back in the good old days, its an on going topic to say the least

The fiat spec springs were indeed the progressive wound 16vt versions of the Eibachs. If fiat fitted them because they are softer is a different matter, they probably just bought a job lot for the 16vt but carried on fitting them to the 20v's when they came out ?

@Meagy, No it sits slightly higher, they are a completely different spring.
Posted By: paul

Re: 'Fiat' Spec Eibachs - 27/04/2006 15:10

God yea takes me back ,I had an origional set of `Fiat spec` Eibach springs...........still found then too hard with the Bilstein shocks tho`.
It`s a shame it`s all gone,because there was loads more info on the `old` forum,and it did seem more exciting,probably because we had more `first time` discoveries in them days,I remember fitting my K&N panel filter, a bleed valve(under the instructions of `spunky M`,),and thinking WOW how can a coupe handle `all this power` ,and, will it blow up,then i got a supersprint exhaust .....hmmm,now every mod seems to cost me thousands
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK