Fiat Coupe Club UK

gtec chip im not 100% sure if its chipped or not

Posted By: Anonymous

gtec chip im not 100% sure if its chipped or not - 05/10/2009 23:17

ok picked up my le last week v good so far no real issues im not sure if its has a gtec 1 or not it does spike at 1.2 bar but then falls pretty quick to 1 bar then down to 0.8 near the redline, now my old ink black coupe did fall but never below 1.0 bar im pretty sure it didnt drop below 14 or maybe 12psi actually at the end of the redline.
how can I tell if its has a gtec for sure, it may be another kind of chip as im sure as std it wouldnt spike at 1.2 bar even with the blueflame exhaust and the induction kit, its not quite as quick as my old ink black either but not that far off.

Re: gtec chip im not 100% sure if its chipped or not - 06/10/2009 04:45

Maybe crack open the motronic and see if the original green sticker with the serial number is on the chip. Not a sure fire way to tell but it might give you some clues as to whether its original or chipped.

Re: gtec chip im not 100% sure if its chipped or not - 06/10/2009 06:44

Im on a standard chip at the moment and in 1st, 2nd and 3rd there is a momentary boost spike to 1.2 bar before it settles to exactly 1 bar sustained boost before tailing off after 5500rpm. If its only holding 1bar through most of the redline after the momentary boost spike chances are its on a standard chip.
My old Coupe was already fitted with a GTEC1 when i bought it, but this one on a standard chip if anything feels slightly quicker low down. So you cant alwasy judge on outright performance.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK