Fiat Coupe Club UK

At which point do you need larger injectors?

Posted By: Anonymous

At which point do you need larger injectors? - 16/12/2009 02:31

As above really guys, as more mods are done on my car and eventually a full remap courtesy of Flea will i need to use larger injectors?

I am aiming for 315/320hp from a 62 trim hybrid, 3" exhaust, fmic, and headwork, possibly cams aswell, along with all the other usaul bits like fuel pump, sip, ebc etc etc

PS i do actually have a spare 3.8 bar regulator that was used on my 3.2v6 converted calibra that i believe is identical to the upgrades used on the 20vt lump would this be enough with the std injectors and the remap?

Cheers Davie
Posted By: DaveG

Re: At which point do you need larger injectors? - 16/12/2009 08:35

I have a GT28R with ProAlloy FMIC, 5 stud H&S downpipe with race cat, 3.8 bar FPR with OE injectors and standard head, and with the aid of water/methanol injection I'm running 325 bhp at 1.4bar with the aid of a Flea map of course. So in my opinion, no, but if you wanted above 350bhp that would be another matter...
Posted By: Nigel

Re: At which point do you need larger injectors? - 16/12/2009 08:38

I agree - 315-320 will be fine on standard injectors and a 3.8 bar FPR (plus a remap of course)
Posted By: Trappy

Re: At which point do you need larger injectors? - 16/12/2009 13:37

Taking this question a little further, how big do injectors need to be at different power levels?

Is there a rough equation that can be used to work this out based on bhp, turbo/ boost level, etc?
Posted By: ash_p

Re: At which point do you need larger injectors? - 16/12/2009 18:24

I run a gt28rsr with all supporting mods on standard injectors and standard 3bar fpr. I have a flea map and i am running 328bhp at 1.45 bar and Leighton told me i have plenty of fuel upto 6500rpm where my afr goes upto 11.8 (still fine).
He couldn't understand why i have more fuel then other standard injectors, but i think i must be lucky smile
I would fit or take the 3.8 pressure reg just incase you need it.

Ash
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK