Fiat Coupe Club UK

Piston and rod combo?

Posted By: Elliot85

Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 11:52

Not that i have a car to put this engine in yet but that comes last! hehe Looking at a forged piston and rod combination but unsure...Was thinking pauter rods with ???? pistons? any recommendations?

Elliot
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 12:02

CP
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 12:12

Also Accralite and JE pistons! Accralite will probably be the cheapest you'll get. You might want to contact TurboJ.

Rods, Pauter, Farndon or Cunningham.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 14:02

If you go for CP pistons, I have a set of brand new rings that I can let you have at a significant discount

They are standard size - I bought them when I thought the rings on my CP pistons were worn, but it turned out I'd killed the pistons, so I never fitted the rings
Posted By: Elliot85

Re: Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 16:20

ooo significant discount ey Nigel, if its a good enough discount i may even throw in some cloths as well! haha. Think im being drawn to pauter rods and cp pistons. Is it worth sticking to standard size or going bigger 83mm??
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Piston and rod combo? - 16/12/2009 20:06

It costs a few quid to get the block correctly bored to the oversize AND of course it means the whole lump has to come out of the car (if you're just fitting standard-sized pistons, the engine stays in the car and the garage will just run a flex-hone down the bores to break the glaze)

The bigger pistons ARE better, especially if you go for the higher compression Accralites, but the associated costs are higher (I reckon you're looking at £200 minimum, maybe more, depending on the machine shop). Also, the boring requirements are VERY specific - it took quite a while to find a machine shop that could do it the way Accralite stipulated.

Yes - I'll do you a great price on the rings, but it probably wouldn't be in exchange for a decade's supply of microfibre cloths - I have plenty wink
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK