Fiat Coupe Club UK

AVC-R overboosting

Posted By: DaveG

AVC-R overboosting - 26/10/2010 22:02

Having used the loud pedal in anger just recently at the Pod (and the week before to make sure everything was OK) I noticed that on my normal 1.4 setting it peaks at 1.5-1.55 kg/cm2. I dialled it back to 1.3 but it still goes to around 1.5. On the way home tonight I turned it to "off" and it goes to 1.1-1.15 which I guess is the correct base boost. I've got a GT28R, SIP, 5 stud H&S downpipe, race cat and blueflame, with methanol/water injection above 1 bar and a flea map to boot. Maybe the turbo's just loosened up nicely and the AVC-R is struggling to keep up with the rapid delivery of boost...or maybe the kids have been mucking with the settings (unlikely).

Any quick checks I can do? Can I clean the solenoid? Change some settings? (to what?)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 26/10/2010 22:21

There may be a "gain" setting that can be reduced this would reduce how fast it comes on and should reduce over shoot.
Posted By: Coupe_Don

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 26/10/2010 22:28

Hi,

I had an avc-r on my old coupe and if I remember correctly it would overboost when the weather got colder. It might be worth changing your settings slightly or putting it in learn mode (I've forgotten all the settings without having it infront of me) and doing a good few runs in the higher gears 4th/5th to see if it starts to correct itself..... good luck with it!

Cheers
John
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 26/10/2010 23:52

Yups - climate conditions. Same happens with the Blitz. The Apexi doesn't have this.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 28/10/2010 22:43

Its also to do with the % duty on the main screen. For example, if you have 1.4 set up but its reaching 1.5 then you need to reduce the duty until the setting matches the actual reading. There is an Apexi AVCR manual online somewhere which explains everything you need to know with settings.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 29/10/2010 00:15

I do have the manual (real paper and online) so I'll have another go at trying to decipher it wink
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: AVC-R overboosting - 29/10/2010 12:50

Reduce the duty % and it will stop overboosting, just take it down a little at a time until she's holding the correct pressure.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK