Fiat Coupe Club UK

mp3 tuner

Posted By: Richard24

mp3 tuner - 05/08/2006 22:52

I've got an I-Pod & i want to use it in the car but don't like those carrier things that need mounting on the dash like a car phone kit, I've seen on ebay tuners that plug into your mp3 player select a frequency then tune your radio into that frequency, anybody know if they are any good ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mp3 tuner - 06/08/2006 14:58

I tried a bunch of these 18 months ago, and TBH they were all rubbish (Funny enough they were also illegal at that time as well!) however, they may have got better since then. I ended up buying an alpine head unit and ipod adaptor.

Re: mp3 tuner - 06/08/2006 16:26

Che has hit the nail on the head here, the ones I've used have been terrible. Really poor quality.

Re: mp3 tuner - 06/08/2006 16:41

Thirded. OK it was years ago but I remember getting an iRock back in 2004 and almost crying with laughter when I realised the only 4 frequencies you could choose from are used by Radio 2 - strangely, the Radio 2 transmitters are stronger than 2 AAA batteries

I know you can choose any frequency on iTrips and the like, but even so - I much prefer using a boggo tape to earphone adaptor, or bunging an AUX lead in the back of the headunit.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK