Fiat Coupe Club UK

Bluetooth car kit recommendations

Posted By: Gripped

Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 30/11/2015 23:54

So, the work Pug goes back in the not too distant future, and the Coupe will become the main car. What bluetooth hands free kits do people recommend? I like the type which clip to the sun visor. Seems the obvious place to put one.

Cheers !
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 01/12/2015 10:34

buy a decent headset with bluetooth I have a JVC and it works really well
Posted By: Possum

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 02/12/2015 09:56

I use the "clip onto sunvisor" type and have done so for quite a few years.

As our Grande Punto is 8 years old and does not have Bluetooth fitted, I can easily transfer the unit between vehicles for hands free phone conversations.

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 02/12/2015 10:04

Thanks people. Still hoping for some recommendations though.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 02/12/2015 12:55

In my experience the main issue with any type of Bluetooth handsfree aftermarket solution is the need to keep charging the battery.
The last sun visor one I had was a Parrot, but it was never a great solution compared to a factory fit or plumbed in version.
Posted By: Possum

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 03/12/2015 05:53

Mine is a Blueant. Recently bought an Onix from Aldi for my daughter and she says it is OK.

Never had a problem with the battery as I don't leave mine on as I am no longer working. I just turn my on when the phone rings and there is enough time for it to power up and then answer before the call goes to "message bank".

Of course, a factory fit is the way to go as it I always on when driving, turns off with the car and the battery never goes flat, other than the car battery going flat.

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 03/12/2015 16:20

Thanks for the ideas.

I like the idea of a visor clip on so I can transfer it between my Coupe and my van. Battery life should be fine for me.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 11/12/2015 18:51

One thing to be careful of is that the version of Bluetooth will have to correspond with your phone's version of Bluetooth. I bought at 2.1 that didn't work with my phone's 2.0 Bluetooth and visa versa. Having looked on ebay there seems to be 3.0 and 4.0 versions these days, so probably get the phone manual out and see what your phone's version of Bluetooth is and match the in car kit to that.
If this is not the case still, disregard this message. I learnt the expensive way lol. The clip on ones are fine for me .
Posted By: avtokrator

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 17/12/2015 03:51

I'm keeping eye on the Pioneer DEH-X8700BT - clean design, adjustable color, plays everything, two phones connected simultaneously...have similar in the other car and never had any issue with compatibility. Avoid units with integrated micro is my main advice.
Posted By: H_R

Re: Bluetooth car kit recommendations - 17/12/2015 06:59

I must say i cannot fault the Parrot handsfree with the little display have them in my car and van
Probably not cheap brand new!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK