Fiat Coupe Club UK

scorpion alarm

Posted By: cecil

scorpion alarm - 02/02/2016 21:05

Hello,
I'm new to the forum having just got my 20vt back on the road, thanks to JBT. One problem has surfaced and that is my indicators keep flashing

I think my original fit Scorpion alarm ('97 20VT) has bitten the dust and I want to disconnect it.
Can some kind soul let me know where the alarm box is and which wires to pull.

Thanks
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: scorpion alarm - 09/02/2016 23:09

hi

have a good look behind the dash up near the top of the clutch and brake pedal.

this guy may help you out if he gets out of bed on the right side smile

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk
Posted By: cecil

Re: scorpion alarm - 10/02/2016 08:20

Thank you Makka, will do
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: scorpion alarm - 11/02/2017 09:33

Sorry to revive and old thread but having the same issue, is the alarm box definitely up there? I've looked and couldn't see anything.

Cheers
Posted By: DaveG

Re: scorpion alarm - 11/02/2017 17:15

Have a look on the passenger side instead, pop off the dash end cover and look behind there above/behind the glovebox.

Re: scorpion alarm - 12/02/2017 07:03

Hi Dave, okay will do. Not certain what you mean by dash end cover, assume its an access panel, just pops off?

Cheers
Posted By: DaveG

Re: scorpion alarm - 12/02/2017 09:58

Open the door fully and you'll see a large flat plastic cover at the end of the dash, (very) vaguely heart shaped. Reach up underneath and feel for a "thumbwheel" (around 1" diameter) to unscrew and then it's a case of carefully pulling the cover sideways and outwards to make sure the lugs (on the inside inner edges of the cover) are free from the dash moulding.

Re: scorpion alarm - 12/02/2017 19:48

Great! Not had the car that long to know its ins and outs.

Thanks again.
Posted By: rayzer82

Re: scorpion alarm - 19/02/2017 08:51

My scorpion alarm was in the drivers side. Really hard to find black box and cable tied in. I won't put the full details on public but upside down with a torch should help ....if you are still having this problem feel free to pm although this was a week ago ...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK