Fiat Coupe Club UK

I.C.E for my VW T4

Posted By: Anonymous

I.C.E for my VW T4 - 13/09/2017 13:11

Hi all,

Plenty of super inteligent people here so thought I would pose my question to you all.

I am looking to do an install in my Van, 2 subs in the rear with some components in the rear doors to compliment the set up in the front.

I am super confused about which amps, subs etc I need.

I listen to a wide variety of music ranging from Dire Straits to Dubstep so need something that can cope with all.

I assume I need some 10" subs to provide the punchy sound I want, but looking at all the OHM's etc confuses me.

Can anyone give me some guidance/recomendations.

Budget is around £400.

Thanks

Mark
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: I.C.E for my VW T4 - 14/09/2017 17:27

When you say compliance to the set up in the front does that mean you have already upgraded the head unit and front door speakers?

I ask because in terms of sound quality per £ the head unit is first item to change, more so in older vehicles and the Coupe is no exception!

I can offer my opinion but it'lll differ depending on what you have installed already smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I.C.E for my VW T4 - 15/09/2017 13:27

Yep, upgraded the head unit to a sensible sony head unit and have JBL GTO 6" in the front powered by a JBL amp. (Not sure exact codes) Still have some tiny pioneers also upfront running of the head unit.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: I.C.E for my VW T4 - 15/09/2017 19:55

Since you have JBLs then you could go for 6.5" Coaxials or JBL Components.

This link gives a good short overview of sub diameters and boxes etc. With that in mind you could get a 12" JBL sealed box or a 10" Focal ported box.

I'd spend a bit more on the amp to drive the speakers and sub, such as a 4 channel JBL which can run the components and bridge for the sub.

Then a fairly decent amp wiring kit.

It's worth popping into a local car audio store to try the different music types with the different subs to help guide your decision.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK