Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rear speaker access?

Posted By: snapychapy

Rear speaker access? - 26/12/2017 15:06

I can't find a rear speaker'how-to'... any advice on how to get to them appreciated
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Rear speaker access? - 26/12/2017 15:38

Here you go, one of bockers...
http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=253828

Re: Rear speaker access? - 26/12/2017 20:31

Thanks!
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Rear speaker access? - 30/12/2017 21:31

Are you replacing like to like or upgrading to 6 x 9s?

Re: Rear speaker access? - 05/01/2018 15:27

hi...not sure yet...do you have advice? :-)
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Rear speaker access? - 06/01/2018 15:23

What ever you decide size wise it’s best to fit them directly to the chassis rather than flimsy plastic interior panel the OEM units are connected to.

With that in mind both 6” and 6x9 will fit in the chassis recess available, so then it depends on whether you’re looking for extra bass or not.

Have you upgraded your head unit and front speakers? ‘Bang for buck’ you’ll get a bigger audio improvement here vs rear speakers.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Rear speaker access? - 08/01/2018 08:47

Anyone still running the OE Clarion POS will be amazed at the improvement even the cheapest modern unit will make.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Rear speaker access? - 09/01/2018 13:09

Hands up..still running the original...its on my mind to upgrade.

Maybe a radio that has sat nav - bit like those funky retro radios for Porsche.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rear speaker access? - 23/03/2018 21:43

If it is anything like mine was you might find that the sound deadening that was on the inside of the rear wing has dried up and his falling off so have some more available. The Pininfarina badge was held on by luck alone so i sealed it from the inside with silicone ...I put some 9" speakers in and attached them to the car chassis cushioned with rubber washers to avoid vibration..not too bad a job but you need lots of different sockets and good luck with getting the tiny self tapper by the seat belt attachment back in the hole ..I drilled another
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK