Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wiring up an ISO connector

Posted By: phil_20VT

Wiring up an ISO connector - 17/01/2006 04:39

Hello

Am after picking the brains of someone in the know with how to wire up an ISO connector .
Its not for my car it for the girlfriends, which is (dont laugh) a Daihatsu Coure .
The current head unit has a 12V+ AND A 12V memory. It appears to be using the ariel as an earth as it will only work with this plugged in.
At a guess the 12V+ would be ignithion on the iso, and the 12V memory would be the 12V battery on the iso. Could anyone confirm this to me, and also where i might take an earth from.
Feel like this is a bit of a simple one, but not something i fancy getting wrong!
Cheers for any help.

Phil
Posted By: bockers

Re: Wiring up an ISO connector - 17/01/2006 05:35

Phil

Yes you are correct. Take the earh from any exposed body metal part or look around for an earth point used by the ciggy lighter.

JOhn

Re: Wiring up an ISO connector - 17/01/2006 06:23

Nice one John cheers.

Was well annoyed something so simple initially defeated me.
I think im going to borrow a multi meter from work just to satisfy myself that i know exactly what im doing.
Just been doing a bit of looking about and it seems the only way i can cause a burnt down car is by having an open curcuit.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wiring up an ISO connector - 17/01/2006 06:41

make sure you wire it up in phase though (+to+ and -to-) because it will sound crap if you mix them up.

Re: Wiring up an ISO connector - 17/01/2006 20:21

Cheers Craig

Can never work out which way the speakers are meant to go, just swap them till i get it the way that sounds best.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wiring up an ISO connector - 18/01/2006 02:17

yeah.....try one, till it sonund right, then use the fade/ballance controls on the others, so you can hear them all induvidualy.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK