Fiat Coupe Club UK

New stereo with matching orange display

Posted By: Coggie

New stereo with matching orange display - 17/01/2007 21:13

Just bought my first coupe and whilst i love driving, the stereo is a little long in the tooth now. I would like a new one but would like one that blends in to the dash well. This means one in black with an orange display. I would also like one that i could plug my i-pod in. Anyone recommend a suitable make/model? I would say i have around £200 to spend. Thanks a lot. Great forum.
Posted By: bockers

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 18/01/2007 00:18

Welcome Coggie. Do not limit yourself to orange as red works well too.

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 18/01/2007 16:57

I suppose red would look nice. Had a look in Halfords but they don't have anything. I am not fussed about what make it is.

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 18/01/2007 22:15

A selection of Sony units, some with Red and others with Amber. Here \:D
Posted By: TimC

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 18/01/2007 22:24

I just got the CDX-GT210, the red lights match virtually perfectly....

Decent sound too through the (previously thought of as $hite) standard speakers...

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 19/01/2007 04:54

Thanks for the advice guys. I checked out your model TimC and it looks like a good bet. Not a bad price either!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 19/01/2007 19:28

Mine.....

Panasonic cq 7301

Display can be set to any colour you like, you can also download a photo from disk on to the HU display, using some nifty Panasonic software you can add some lettering etc

I have also added a Dension Ipod adaptor which plugs in to the HU CD changer port. Adaptor and Ipod holder cost me £120 tho \:\(

Complete system looks a bit like this.....

Here

Steve \:D

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 19/01/2007 23:56

Whats that inside the cigarette tray? Was it hard to do or did someone fit it like that for you?

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 20/01/2007 01:43

A greddy boost conroller is it not? Nice stealth instal \:D

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 20/01/2007 03:59

Indeed it is a Greddy, yes I installed it myself, yes it was a complete pain in the arse to do....... \:D

Closed

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 23/02/2007 01:16

I was looking for a model that colour matched to orange illumination, looked good, sounded great, did MP3s.

Gave up on getting the full lot eventually and went for the Clarion DXZ768RMP (£240). Does all above (IMO) except display is grey-scale, (buttons can be variably adjusted and perfectly match orange illumination). I thought it was best compromise.

Sound is very good with standard speakers.

I did a long post of what I looked at and why I chose it in the "recommend me a head unit" thread.

Never saw the Panasonic mentioned above, and might have been tempted.

Hope this helps
Posted By: strike4A

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 23/02/2007 18:36

Not seen a standard interior with lights on but my plus is defo more red than orange. I went for this Alpine unit with which you can change from red to blue (click the demo button through above link). Excellent integration with iPod as well which I've routed into the glovebox.
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 23/02/2007 18:56

Quick bit of off topicness.. sorry

I have an alpine unit that I'm meant to be able to change the colour on but I've never had any luck despite RTFM'ing several times \:\(

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 24/02/2007 15:30

Originally Posted By: Tartandude

I have an alpine unit that I'm meant to be able to change the colour on but I've never had any luck despite RTFM'ing several times \:\(

What model is it?

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 25/02/2007 15:17

i got this one:
http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7646080310_main.asp
and like strke4a thought that red was a better match for the illumination, and looks and sounds very good in my opinion... and its a bit different to the raft of clarions and pioneers.

shaun.
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 25/02/2007 21:36

I'll put some pics up of mine if you want- how do you do this now on the new forum?
Posted By: BrianMay

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 25/02/2007 23:42

here's mine: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0150868001/img/fiat/PICT3641.jpg

\:P

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 26/02/2007 23:22

On my old Alpine 7873R, you had to hold the set-up key for a few seconds to access the set up mode. Press the set up button repeatedly until 'BACKLIGHT' (i think) appears. Then switch between the colours using the << >> keys.
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 27/02/2007 00:23

Originally Posted By: bockers

What model is it?

Can't remember off hand, will have to check ;\)

I guess it doesn't help if I say its the one with 4 blue square buttons \:D
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 27/02/2007 03:40

I think I may have found a good head unit.

Amber display, 2 preouts and Ipod ready from here Apline CDE9881R
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde9881r-p-5679.html?cadid=f8ec3e54a3c16a373abc0b5188b1fde9
Plus you also need the full speed cable which is 14.99

There is also the CDE-9850Ri which includes the cable and is 149.99 but only comes in blue/red display.

I think I may get one to replace the pioneer I mispurchased \:\)
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 01/03/2007 05:49

Here is mine in the dark - looks a bit more red in the flesh
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Marcus_H/ICE/P1000746b.jpg

And one i prepared earlier
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Marcus_H/ICE/SonyCDXR6550.jpg
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 14/03/2007 23:21

I do like the look fo the Blaupunkt a little bit different from the normal

Blaupunkt

Also like the Clarion

Clarion

iPod intergration is something I would like, but I would like steering wheel control anyone got his? not attached to the steering wheel though attached to the steering column

On the whole I like the looks of the two above, don't want anything Silver etc that will not go with the interior. Though the Blaupunkt would go well with some alloy rings for the dials

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 01/04/2007 02:47

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP in this you can change the colurs to match the interiorn lightning ..
dont have it but ive seen it on reality looks real sweet Im gone by it asp

Re: New stereo with matching orange display - 03/04/2007 19:00

I've got a JVC kd-lhx551 touchscreen stereo as seen here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jvc-touchscreen-in-car-cd-player_W0QQitemZ130096992480QQcategoryZ39759QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

You can basically change the display to match the interior. I've hooked it up to 10 speakers and the sound quality is amazing. Recommend highly.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK