Fiat Coupe Club UK

Ipod headunit

Posted By: Anonymous

Ipod headunit - 05/03/2006 17:04

Hi folks, a little help please.
Currently have an alpine unit connected to ipod, but the main problem is the function. Yoy can not fast search lists like you can with the ipod wheel, does anyone know if the new alpine units with the touch glide work like the wheel. I.E. the faster you glide the more songs it scrolls thru. At the minute the unit only searches thru one song/album/artist a second which is a pain in the ass with a large and varied music collection.
Cheers!

Re: Ipod headunit - 05/03/2006 19:18

the latest alpines i am sure were updated so they would scroll nearly as quickly as the ipod itself, but the first glide bar head units i have seen were still really slow
Posted By: bockers

Re: Ipod headunit - 05/03/2006 21:30

A mate of mine had the glide bar alpine unit and sold it on as he hated it
Posted By: strike4A

Re: Ipod headunit - 05/03/2006 23:25

i've just fitted an alpine cde-9850ri full speed ipod unit and it works like a dream. only one pre-out though so might limit you depending on what setup you've got.
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Ipod headunit - 06/03/2006 01:03

I saw that Tom Tom have some new navigation units coming out, and they show it working with an iPod. With the big display, it looked pretty good.

New Tom Toms

Might be an alternative to think about.

Re: Ipod headunit - 06/03/2006 16:11

I've just had a Harmon Kardon Drive+Play fitted. The controller mirrors the iPod controls and screen giving all the iPod info. It's easy to use without looking down at the controller, and I have the screen mounted on the far right of the dash, so it's easy to see.
Posted By: S1MMA

Re: Ipod headunit - 06/03/2006 16:51

how much was that viro if you don't mind me asking?
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Ipod headunit - 06/03/2006 17:20

Virobono - any pics. I had thought about that one too. Wondered what it looked like

Re: Ipod headunit - 06/03/2006 20:16

Cost was £149.99 fitted - Halfrauds, but the fitter knows what he is doing and was recommended to me.

I'll take a pic or two tonight and post them.

Re: Ipod headunit - 08/03/2006 00:17

virobono, nice one, I had forgotten all about that little gadget, but its another screen in addition to the smartnav but its defiantely an option., Cheers for the replies so far guys

Re: Ipod headunit - 13/03/2006 14:50

Pics should be up tonight - moved recently and 5 working days for broadband seems to mean 6 weeks to BT!

Re: Ipod headunit - 13/03/2006 23:17

Pics of the Drive+Play unit in my car. The iPod, incidentally, is in the glovebox, though it could be anywhere you choose. The only slight criticism I have is that the iPod doesn't power off with the head unit and D+P unit - it has to be unplugged and switched off manually.

Drive+Play 01

Drive+Play 02

Drive+Play 03

The curly cable and other wire is from my phone charger - the D+P cables are neatly hidden. No screws were used (though it's an option), so it can be easily removed without leaving holes.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK