Fiat Coupe Club UK

Road Angel hard wiring.

Posted By: Anonymous

Road Angel hard wiring. - 11/03/2006 19:22

Hello People.

I currently have a road angel 2 and i have a cable trailing from the unit to my cigarette lighter. Is annoying because it trails infront of the stereo head unit.

Anyone know how i can hard wire it in behind dash to get rid of dangly cables?

Thanks in advance.

Otis

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 15/03/2006 03:39

Where do you physically put the Road Angel as that will determine how to get the wiring down

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 27/03/2006 02:40

I put it in the centre of the windscreen, resting on the dash.

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 25/04/2006 01:54

But what if you ever want to change the unit?
I have the road angel 2 unit too but i have the long dangly wire at the moment i take it you have the coiled type?

Tell me do you worry about the wiper arm getting in the way of the front radar???

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 00:33

Isnt the cable that powers the road angel also the USB cable for updating the unit?

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 01:36

Quote:

Isnt the cable that powers the road angel also the USB cable for updating the unit?

No

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 01:50

My girlfriends dad has a road angel compact and his is. The cable (usb end) plugs into a cigarette lighter adapter then into the cigarette lighter hole.

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 14:10

Why did you ask then?

I assumed they were all the same, sorry.
Posted By: JimO

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 14:28

Quote:

Tell me do you worry about the wiper arm getting in the way of the front radar???

I wouldn't worry about that, by the time the unit picks up the scatter of the laser to tell you the police are there, you will have been caught anyway.

You can get a cable that instead of being coiled like a telephone lead is straight and longer. This allows you to run the cable down the left or the right of the centre console and keep it from sitting in front of the radio HU and with little sticky cable ties, gives a reasonably tidy install, without making it permanent.

However, try having a Tomtom and Roadangel, both in the centre of the screen, now you are getting untidy

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 14:36

This is mine. I poked the cable down the back of the dash just in front of the windscreen and fished it out from under the glovebox. I wired it into a thick cable which was ignition switched behind the left dash side panel and put an inline fuse just after the spur.
Posted By: JimO

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 14:43

Well thats just smashing, good work

I don't have a picture of mine, sorry

Re: Road Angel hard wiring. - 26/04/2006 16:25

Stop it
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK