Fiat Coupe Club UK

Which system?

Posted By: Anonymous

Which system? - 14/03/2006 03:43

In my car I`ve got a sony cd player but the discs jump about cause of the suspension. Thought I`d go for a stereo that has a jack for a MP3 player. Nice and simple without the hassle of CD`s.
All I need now is too find one. Any ideas or will I have problems?

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 03:57

Someone more expert will be along soon no doubt but I've been looking at this and you need a head unit with aux in at the back or front. You can then plug in MP3 player directly or via a adapter which will allow the HU to control the player to chage track etc.

Shouldn't have any problem getting a HU for this and if you get an iPod mp3 player then you'll be able to get an adapter easily.

Al

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 04:06

Must point out that I do not have an Ipod but a Creative Zen.
Well my son does but he doesn`t like it cause it`s too big and chunky so I`m having it

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 04:07

OK - well you can still plug it in but you might have to use the mp3 player to change tracks etc rather than using the HU controls.

But they might well sell adapters for these as well??
Posted By: bockers

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 04:09

Get the Sony disk unit with a memory, no skips ever. Or buy a new headunit that accepts MP3 cds. Changer or a changer that does both ?

John

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 04:11

My sony 10 disk changer is up for grabs actually. Doesn't play MP3's but doesn't jump either!

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 15:11

I have tried MANY head units in my life since my early age while taking apart my father's car.

If you want a good unit , stable and durable with good audio capabilities (not the best) and that will NOT skip tracks and not jump go for a Kenwood.
Nice head units , stable and reliable.

They are not so expensive on the ebay and if you have the $$ wait a week or 2 until the USB model comes out.

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 15:32

I`m not bothered that it`s not an Ipod. All i'll do is make playlists up, press the button and play it through the sound system. Just need to know what units have this option available.
Cd multichanger. Don`t think there is no need for this anymore if I can find a good system. Simply, plug in the zen and play

Re: Which system? - 14/03/2006 15:50

You may well be able to use your existing HU take a look at this Clicky .

If not then you need any HU with an aux in at the back (most have) or one that has a 3.5mm line in jack on the front which a lot of new ones have for exactly this purpose. Have a browse on Ebay.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK