Fiat Coupe Club UK

Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal

Posted By: Anonymous

Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 21/03/2006 04:44

Hi ,

I just bought myself a becker 7820 satnav system. the wireing diagram request a connection to my speedo signal and my reverse swith or reverse light has anyone any clue where i can best pick up those two wires ? and the collor codes of these or other regonisable items ?

hope someone can help me soon so i can get it working before i take it on my skying trip.

LUM
Posted By: bockers

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 21/03/2006 14:10

The speedo feed can be taken from one of the outputs from the ECU, sure someone here knows but I cannot remember. Someone will be along to tell you which wire.

For the reverse light you will need to take a feed form the reverse switch which is housed (IIRC) in the gearbox casing.

Getting both sorted should not be too difficult.

John

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 21/03/2006 16:14

Lummie.. i have an ecu map...

msn it to you..

cheers

coen de korte

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 21/03/2006 17:52

Hi, i also need to find this signal, on my hgt bravo it was on the back of my speedo. My sat nav is the sony version made by becker.

Paul

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 31/03/2006 17:39

Any luck on this?

Paul R

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 01/04/2006 23:55

i need to find the speed sensor for my turbo timer (which i've had for about 15 months and still haven't fitted)

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 02/04/2006 01:10

This should help, see page 20. Speed sensor is pin 9.

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 02/04/2006 02:15

but how would you get from pin 9 to the acctual wire? the first time you see the wires, it's in a big bunch, all twisted round each other. the plug onto the ecu is a plastic seaed unit i don't fancy breaking! cheers anyway mate!

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse signal - 02/04/2006 02:21

Craig, its the white cable you need.

See here about half way down.

Re: Becker satnav requests speedo and reverse sign - 03/04/2006 01:01

Thanks for the info guys,

Unit is in there and works fine put the speedo wire into the iso connector of the ecu for now , didn't want to splice into the cable

a small note to the drawing on page 20 of the workplace manual, the pinout of the connector does not corrospond with the actual thing, the ecu looks correct

so think it's down to that I have a LHD car and the ECU is on the other side of the car.

LUM
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK