Fiat Coupe Club UK

Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument

Posted By: Anonymous

Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 27/03/2006 22:13

Hello! Iīm gonna replace my instrumentpanel with birba!

I have come to the final attempt, And i think it is just to remove the pointers! i have to pull them i think!

But i donīt dare to pull, so i ask here first!
So does anybody know how to remove ém ?

watch the pic!

Clicky!

Greetz/Emil

Posted By: bockers

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 27/03/2006 23:01

With a fork and a lot of care :O
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 28/03/2006 01:02

I've read that you have to remove the pointer "stop" and let the pointer "unwind" then when it has come to a rest, pull off the pointer. I just never managed to get any of the suckers off and didn't want to break them

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 28/03/2006 01:15

Iīve fixed it! i just used a fork and took it easy so now they are on place!

But i canīt believe how bad it lights up?

i havenīt started the car yet beacuse of FMIC building, but i turned up the highest light level of the intrument, but it still lights up very little? I canīt have done it wrong i mean!

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 28/03/2006 02:21

had the same with my Punto. They looked great by day and pants by night.

Did you remove the standard ones or just place over the top ?
John

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 28/03/2006 12:39

Hello! Yeah looks great when itīs daylight!

I replaced it over the old! I donīt think you can do it in other ways! But it canīt lit that bad? I did exactly as it sad in the instructions!

But i donīt think itīs gonna be better if i start the car!

Greetz/Emil

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 28/03/2006 13:42

Emil. Any photos?

On the punto i removed the old Fiat items, which took some time but if left in place the dials would have been useless at night. Trouble is you destroy them when removing them so no going back.
John

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 29/03/2006 03:15

Hello! Ok yeah so you donīt think there is no return :/? i should have removed the old dials? But that was not written in the instructions?

Greetings/Emil

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 29/03/2006 06:51

i would have presumed that the old ones would have to come off as well. the light must have a hard time getting through two lots of dials

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 29/03/2006 15:42

Yes i think so too! But now i have my thoughts of removing ém if i take it very easy, so nothing would be impossible!

Bockers : How did you do when you had replaced the dials in your punto with the birba?! Did you remove the birba (?) the standard one later on and then replaced just the birba?

Greetings / Emil

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 29/03/2006 16:10

Sorry to hi-jack how bright is the dash at night? Is it worth replacing the bulbs with a different colour or is that just hassel?

Re: Removing the pointers, dashboard instrument - 29/03/2006 16:44

On my Punto I used Lockwood "no pointer removal" dials. These are specialy shaped so that you do not have to remove the needles. I was mega careful but the oil pressure needle still broke

I cut the old Fial dials with a very sharp modeling knife and removed them in peices so as not to break any needles.

It took a lot of effort and was a total waste of time in the end as they looked horrid and patchy by night.

John
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK