Fiat Coupe Club UK

Radio Ariel Wire

Posted By: Anonymous

Radio Ariel Wire - 30/03/2006 17:44

Hi,
Last night I replaced my aging tape deck for a Sony CDX-GT300 Si which connects to my ipod. All went swimingly but the black coaxial Radio Ariel lead came apart, it looks like it had been gaffa taped together.

Quick fix last last night ensured the silver wire connected properly and the outer copper wires didnt interfere. Popped it back in and now i only seem to get about 3 radio channels, and none of the BBC ones.

Any ideas? Is this black lead the only one i need to worry about for the radio? Any top-tips greatly received.

Thanks
Martin

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 30/03/2006 19:19

Have you connected the wire for the powered aerial? It's used to power the signal booster.

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 30/03/2006 20:25

Ah, no i haven't. Not too sure about this.

This appears to be blue and comes out of the unit but doesn't connect to anything (the end is sealed but labeled) but what do i connect it to in the coupe, ie what colour wire?. Cant see any unconnected wires..

Thanks
Posted By: bockers

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 30/03/2006 21:00

Quote:

Hi,
Popped it back in and now i only seem to get about 3 radio channels, and none of the BBC ones.

You get three channels

That's better than most of us

John

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 31/03/2006 18:42

okay, so looking at other posts. I need to connect the blue powered aerial wire from the unit to the green and red aerial amplifier wire somewhere behind the dash.

Is that right?

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 31/03/2006 23:58

Sounds about right

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 01/04/2006 03:40

...and it worked.
Thanks Scooby. Every day with a Coupe is a school day!

Re: Radio Ariel Wire - 01/04/2006 03:54

Anytime
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK