Fiat Coupe Club UK

Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice.

Posted By: OO7

Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 14/08/2012 10:31

Guys, I want to see what you all think to the pricing of my coupé and parts if I were to break it up and return the coupe to a more standard format. All prices will include UK mainland delivery.

GT28RS turbo = £650
LE interior = £650 (doesn't include gear nob)
BlueFlame exhaust incl. race cat = £300
ProAlloy FMIC = £250
Blittz ID3 boost controller = £220
Sparco front strut = £80
Whiteline rear antiroll bar = £80
Forge 006 DV =£70
Short shift stick = £60
Walbro 255 fuel pump = £50

Then I would sell the coupé with an original Fiat Zender kit with Billies and Eibach and a few other upgraded mods (I’d obviously do a full list of the remaining mods in the for sale post), reconditioned std turbo with warranty and recent full cam belt change, fsh etc.. (recent full respray very good example) for £2500.

So what do you guys all think, fair prices? I'm not asking what you want to pay just if you think they're fair prices.

Cheers,
Chris.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST. MY COUPÉ IS UP FOR SALE AND I’D RATHER SELL AS SHE IS HOWEVER AS I@M NOT PREPARED TO GIVE HER AWAY FOR A SILLY LOW PRICE I’M JUST CONCEDERING MY OPTIONS NOW.

Also apologise if the post is in the wrong forum but "Buying Advice" seemed like the best place to me. Feel free to move if required.

Posted By: JLow75

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 14/08/2012 13:11

I'd definitely replace all aftermarket parts with standard, as you will get far more for the individual items, than if you left them on the car.

only problem is the current economic state of the country etc most people will want the parts for pittence. be prepared to drop the price of the high-end stuff a little turbo/LE interior etc if you want a quick-ish turnaround. or hang onto them for your price.

Advertise on eBay overseas too
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 14/08/2012 19:10

you will def get more money for it by selling the mods then selling the coupe as a almost standard really nice example, remember as well that the likes of your turbo, boost controller etc are compatible with loads of other cars so you are not just limited to selling to fiat coupe owners, your prices seem perfectly reasonable although as already stated the likes of the turbo and interior may have to drop a little but not to much

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 14/08/2012 20:51

Prices aren't what we were used to Chris.

I've got a strut brace for sale and not one offer. There's also one on ebay with bids starting at £50 and no one seems to have made a bid.

On the GT28RS, people were offering less than that for my entire car. Sad to say to only way to get any money back is to break them. frown

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 14/08/2012 20:56

Ken,
I'd have to agree. It is a crying shame when the bits are worth more than the whole.

By the way, nice to see you on Sunday, and the go-kart looked cool!!

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 15/08/2012 10:22

Sorry for the highjack. Tim. Good to meet you too.
Posted By: OO7

Re: Breaking modded Coupé pricing advice. - 15/08/2012 12:36

Thanks for the feed back guys. smile You're right parts aren't priced as they used to be.

© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK