Fiat Coupe Club UK

2.4 Find advice please

Posted By: Anonymous

2.4 Find advice please - 05/12/2016 19:21

Ill start from the beginning, earlier in the year I bought a 20vt that had been stood a few years and have spent a lot of money getting it road worthy and the engine to a standard where I feel comfortable giving it a good thrashing. My next task was to get the bodywork into shape which was going to have to wait until after Christmas. so I'm driving home a few streets from my house when I notice a Portofino (same as mine) with its rear end hanging out of a garage, next day its gone, then a few days later its back again. After a few days I drive past again and theres a man in the garden so I pull up for a coupe chat 'as you do' and he informs me he bought it on an online auction blind thinking it was a turbo but turns out its just a 20v N/A and he wants shot as its not what he wanted but was bound to buy it as per auction rules. he says he wants £400 for it which I considered as I was in such good shape and I needed a panel donor. I thought about it and went back offered him £250 and he took it, couldn't believe my luck! (need a bonnet boot and it had skirts and all the other stuff mine doesn't have. So I sent a Picture to FCSS as there was a card in the window and asked if he knew any history behind it, I got a message back saying in 2012 it was given a 2.4 stilo engine with turbo gearbox visco and suspension including brembo's. ill put pics on in a bit!
I don't know what to do as I love these cars and don't want to take one off the road that can keep going with a little tlc, it needs a rear quarter window and the climate sensor fan is buzzing a bit but its got 4 months MOT and also a set of those deep leather bucket seats that ive never seen before. What should I do, A: break for parts after swapping panels or B:try and get 2 cars resurrected to live another day on a limited budget. Help me please
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 05/12/2016 19:24

The car is well known on here Lee, have a read of the projects threads file and you'll find Tim's post on this and the follow up of it being hit by the truck.

Get 2x Coupés back on the road thumb

Joe wink

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 05/12/2016 19:28

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 05/12/2016 19:33

Can you link this please as I'm struggling to find it.
Posted By: tim16v

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 05/12/2016 20:09

Hello - I wondered where it had go to, please find the original link below:

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1576266#Post1576266

There should be three keys and a couple of folders of paperwork with all the history over the years.

For £250 it's a definite for getting back on the road - bargain.

Happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Tim
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 06/12/2016 17:44

I would certainly be interested in this if you get rid. Don't break though for sure!
Posted By: Gripped

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 24/12/2016 21:23

Good buy that man !! I'd quite like a 2.4 project.

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 24/12/2016 23:12

Back of the net!

Good effort smile
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: 2.4 Find advice please - 29/12/2016 01:38

How exciting, but am I missing something?

I thought it ended with significant damage due to the roadworks-truck?

It's not apparent from the footage that there is anything wrong with it at all!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK