Fiat Coupe Club UK

Plus for sale - how much?

Posted By: Anonymous

Plus for sale - how much? - 26/04/2017 14:48

I received a call from a friend this afternoon telling me he'd found "one of them Fiat Coupes" for sale on a forecourt. I had limited info and so have just the called the garage to find out more.

It's an ink black 20vt plus, red interior, cambelt change last year, other bills, 64000 miles, last owner for 7 years, running at 300bhp. No rust (apparently).

They're emailing me some photos tomorrow.

It's on at £3995 which to me seems good for the mileage. Anyone have any thoughts?

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 26/04/2017 15:05

does seem a good price but condition/service history is everything , worth going to have a look at that price .
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 26/04/2017 18:26

Originally Posted By Slugcatcher1
It's an ink black 20vt plus, red interior,

Sounds more like an LE - can't ever remember seeing a red leather interior on a non-LE

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 26/04/2017 22:25

Originally Posted By Nigel
Sounds more like an LE - can't ever remember seeing a red leather interior on a non-LE

I had the red seats from a written off LE in my first coupe (steel grey 20vt). Not sure if it's even still on the road now though.

click to enlarge
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 26/04/2017 22:34

Plus or LE sounds too good to be true. Get round there with a Haynes manual & your cheque book . Oh and a big wrench for snapping his hand off!

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 27/04/2017 06:09

Once you figure out what needs doing to the car you can understand the true cost. Sometimes things seemingly cheap are the exact opposite. As usual, buy with caution. However, I do not listen to my own advice ))))

Good luck with it
Posted By: Ryan20VT

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 28/04/2017 21:58

Originally Posted By GrahamL
Originally Posted By Nigel

I had the red seats from a written off LE in my first coupe (steel grey 20vt). Not sure if it's even still on the road now though.

click to enlarge

Not been on here in ages and I click on this thread first, spooky shocked

Hi Graham, its not been on the road a couple of years now but I am hoping to attack it "one day".

Its still intact but the tinworm is getting the better of the usual Coupe areas.

Re: Plus for sale - how much? - 29/04/2017 19:12

Sadly, after a discussion with JBT It appears the car is not a Plus but most likely a VT6. And after looking at past MOTs it has had advisories for rust underneath. Considering the £1000s I have spent on mine and the fact mine us pretty much rust free underneath, I don't think I'll be taking a look. What a shame.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK