Fiat Coupe Club UK

Regarding Export / Import

Posted By: Anonymous

Regarding Export / Import - 11/07/2019 13:57

On Auto Trader, 20v Turbo LE, 1999, 37,000 miles.

£11,940

EU Supplied Then Sold From New In Japan
Imported by ourselves, immaculate etc etc.

If you have seen or look at this car, your thoughts?
It's at Seymour Pope.

I've just had an agreed valuation insurance quote and I am tempted. I've spoken with them, they say it doesn't need a paint correction, however as I ask they will do the full works and then apply ceramic coating which I'd want. I was looking at latter for my current car.

Your advice or questions I need to have before I view it. Then of course, I'm thinking of taking a pro with me to spot anything at all wrong.

Do I put a deposit on it or not, would you?

Thanks everyone.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 11/07/2019 15:03

It's Japanese spec import so has the large side indicators (and large holes in the wings, so you can't just fit smaller European indicators, AFAIK) and speedo in km/h (so not sure how it passes an MoT, maybe they don't care about that any more). Looks in very nice condition, normally Jap imports are pretty much rust-free. Driver's seat bolster looks good, centre console good / not sticky (but emergency flasher switch looks broken, and there's something stuck on the dash next to the clock?) Wheel centre caps faded as usual, brake discs and wheel nuts a little rusty. Some extra Japanese warning stickers in engine compartment, but otherwise looks clean and unmolested, apart from extra "tweeters" or whatever they are, and what looks like alarm wiring next to air filter housing which looks untidy/non-original. Odd selection of photos, many repeated, but none showing complete interior, rear wheels, sills, wheel arches, wheels or anything underneath in any detail.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 11/07/2019 15:40

Thank you, very informative.
I'd never given these things a thought.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 11/07/2019 23:20

Also, as a non-UK spec (albeit RHD) "personal" import, the insurance companies and future buyers should be aware, and may look on it less favourably or at least differently to normal UK Coupes.
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 08/08/2019 14:36

I'm a bit late to the party here....

Lovely LE. A few little things which I'd want changed.....

The wing mirrors and the rear light cups are the incorrect colour. They should be Grigio Titanio Metallizzato / Metallic Titanium Grey (FI 551/89) and not black.

The lower portion of the front bumper shoud be painted Black (Nero 601) and not unpainted.

Other have mentioned the side repeaters being non UK spec etc.

Overall a really lovely LE though.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 08/08/2019 14:49

Seems to be off their sales page now...
Posted By: Glen

Re: Regarding Export / Import - 14/10/2019 12:02

I have reserved this vehicle.

I would be very interested to know what stopped you?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK