Fiat Coupe Club UK

Have Solo Italia lost the plot

Posted By: MrCooper

Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 26/05/2007 13:36

Look at these two on the usual auction site.

99 20VT 47K Cat D write off - £4.8K
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-FIAT-COUPE-20...1QQcmdZViewItem
99 20VT 111K Cat D write off - £3.5K
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-FIAT-COUPE-20...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd have thought that these prices would have been about right (perhaps a tad low) if the cars hadn't been written off and were in generally good shape. Surely no-one will seriously come in at those prices. What are they really worth?

MrCooper
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 26/05/2007 13:51

And the Red Plus??

Title made me chuckle! \:D

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 26/05/2007 13:58

Good lord, that one is a cat D as well. For just a shade under £6K too. Quick let me get my cheque book out....

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 26/05/2007 20:18

There is a decent 20VT plus for sale in nearby Long Hanborough garage for £6500 on a W plate.
I know its a good one as it's the one my dad used to own.
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 12:52

I don't think they particularly like eBay!! The text looks brusque to say the least, which is a bit odd as I bought mine from them and they were a nice bunch! They even bunged an aux belt on mine for nothing when I dropped one.

Now this looks a laugh, apart from the grim body kit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-SEICENTO-SPOR...3QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: ajw

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 13:06

I saw the Red Cat D yesterday at Solo - no red key, no service history - front grille falling off, not too impressive for Buy it Now £6k!

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 13:14

Leave it a few months, it'll still be there with a few grand knocked off!

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 14:20

Originally Posted By: oxfordSteve
Now this looks a laugh, apart from the grim body kit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-SEICENTO-SPOR...3QQcmdZViewItem

I guess people can spend their cash on whatever they like, but I do think someone would have to be a bit of a c**k to spend 16 grand modifying a seicento...especially when they presumably end up selling it to Solo for no more than £2K. You could get a proper car for that (a coop say), make it better than new and as fast as the flea's, and still have enough to spare for a family holiday in the carribbean.

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 14:25

I wouldn't touch Solo Italia with a barge Pole.
He charged £2700 for an engine rebuild on a friends car, only for it to blow within 8000 miles and on inspection, had a light honing on bores and little else!! Even had wrong bolts fitted!! You have been warned!

Andy.

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 20:41

I was considering the wine red one they have just put on autotrader....but now reading what you guys have said not so sure? Tell me more about them and why his a conman??
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 20:52

Can we please not post libellous comments about traders on the forum. It can put the forum in trouble legally. Comments on the prices of cars advertised on other sites is ok, but to call anyone a conman is going too far.

Edit : Sumplug, please remove your comment. \:\)

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 21:09

Originally Posted By: jaymz
I was considering the wine red one they have just put on autotrader....but now reading what you guys have said not so sure? Tell me more about them and why his a conman??

If you are interested in the car, call Solo Italia up and quiz them fully on the history, then go see it (and see if an experienced owner can do the same), study the history (and maybe speak to the garages who have maintained it and stamped the book), then drive it, then HPI it and if you are happy, consider buying it \:\)

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 22:37

Ok cool thanks......by the way is there anyone in the oxford / buckinghamshire area that can view a coupe please?

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 27/05/2007 23:50

I haven't been an owner long, so would NOT put myself up as an expert, BUT i live up the road from Solo, and mine seems pretty straight, so if you want to come and see and go for a spin in one then drop me a line, on steve@gamage.co.uk you would be more than welcome.

As for Solo, the owner is a car salesman, and I am pretty sure that EVERY car salesman has got people with a grievence against them somewhere along the line.

View with your eyes open, and wallet closed, see a few, have a ponder and a think and don't rush, and you'll be OK.

And have deep pockets!

Steve
Posted By: Richard24

Re: Have Solo Italia lost the plot - 28/05/2007 16:46

Solo Italia sell their cars with a 12 month warranty if you pay the asking price, othwise 6 months i believe.
I've used them a few times for the odd part, always been friendly & helpful.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK